Bought a cheap delay on Amazon.

dean owens

More like, I thought I bought a cheap delay on Amazon. Got one of those emails from Amazon giving me suggested purchases. There was a Centipede delay being sold by Docooler for 12.43 (+ .99 shipping). Checked out some youtube clips and thought I'd give it a shot.

I placed my order and about two days later I get an email from the seller staying

Dear friend,
Thanks for your interest in our product.
Before shipping, we examined the product and found it was damaged. And the product is out of stock now. Could you please cancel the order? We are so sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Please kindly initiate an order cancellation request from amazon with your computer, it is not recognized as a valid request by amazon from your mobile devices.Waiting for your early reply.If any idea or anything else we can help, please feel free to let us know.
Have a nice day!
First, I figured the price was a goof but you never know. Second, they are currently selling the exact same pedal for about 50 bucks. I really don't like being lied to. Just tell me you made a mistake.

Anyway, I was curious if this has happened to anyone else. Why am I responsible for canceling the order when it's their fault? I know they're company in China, but do I have any shot at trying to get this pedal for the price they advertised it for/I paid for?

willatkinson

I always find it strange when people treat someone's mistake as a winning lottery ticket...

You could tell them that you'll wait until it's in stock, or that you'd take the damaged pedal.

Charmless

Silver Supporting Member
I have had the exact same experience — down to the exact verbiage in the email.

lofibrian

Silver Supporting Member
I have had the exact same experience — down to the exact verbiage in the email.
same here, I was in for 2. I went ahead and requested the cancel as per instructions. Maybe I would have fought it had I seen they are also selling the same item for $50. either way....I ended up ordering a Pitchblack poly from MF for $35.

I think the pitchblack is a decent deal. Though its not a $12 delay.

Charmless

Silver Supporting Member
FYI--I contacted Amazon and they are investigating. They told me to NOT cancel the order.

guitarman3001

same here, I was in for 2. I went ahead and requested the cancel as per instructions. Maybe I would have fought it had I seen they are also selling the same item for $50. either way....I ended up ordering a Pitchblack poly from MF for $35.

I think the pitchblack is a decent deal. Though its not a $12 delay.

That Pitchblack Poly for $35 looks like a great deal. It's selling for $89 everywhere else. My tuner is working fine but this one looks pretty cool. Might be worth a try.

jordane93

That Pitchblack Poly for $35 looks like a great deal. It's selling for $89 everywhere else. My tuner is working fine but this one looks pretty cool. Might be worth a try.
I have the regular Pitchblack and it's a great tuner. I might get one also for my home rig.

Trending Topics