Bought a Club 40 today.. (Germino)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bo Faulkner, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

I am loading all of my other amps up in the truck tomorrow to sell them.. This thing is the amp tone I have tried to get out of everything for years... Stunning tone.

2. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Congrats.

I keep looking at these, but I'm not sure I'd get enough dirt out of it. Gotta put up a few clips.

EP

3. slotools

slotools Supporting Member

I have a classic 45 and the tone is to die for!- I am using a Tim, ts 808 and a v stack - tonal bliss!!!

4. Softpaw

Softpaw Member

They break up early and sweetly. Not a high-headroom amp!! Classic early JTM 45/Plexi type Marshall power tube distortion at reasonable volumes... around 35 watts with el34's, less with 6v6's. Perfect for small clubs... hence the name!

5. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

The clean is to die for and the dirt comes in at about 1/2 way on volume. A little tweeking on the treble/mid/bass pots make big differences...still learning these adjustments. Early brown sound and old Angus tones abound around 3/4 up on volume. OCD sounds so good with it I havent tried any of my other pedals

6. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Congrats!

Very nice amp, for sure. I've been running mine with a lower voltage rectifier, a 5V4, and it sounds great (crunch comes on at slightly lower volumes).

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Congrats, Bo. My Germino C45 is killer. I think the Club 40 probably breaks up more and earlier than the C45. Germino amps are outstanding in every regard.

8. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Member

I recently played Mr.Hanky's club 40. It really is an amazing amp! I absolutely loved it!

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I have never owned a more satisfying amp in my life.

And I deeply mean that, and understand what I am doing when I say that. I've owned a lot of exceptional amps over the years; and I'll stand by that statement.

For me - in my opinion - it is THE amp. I am doing so many different genre's of music with this thing, and doing them sooooo well for my taste, that I'll back that statement up too.

Stunning amp. Worthy of all the praise in every way.

10. GUITARKELLY

GUITARKELLY Member

HI ALL, I agree with Scott on this one, great amp. I trade a Classic 45 for it and I couldn't be happier. It ALMOST Killed my GAS, But you know how that goes!

11. Jamar

Jamar Supporting Member

Did you get it at Fat Sound? I was there yesterday around 2:00 trying out amps (younger fella with curly hair and a tele). Were you the guy that Stu was helping out? That Germino sounded very nice. I was impressed with it as well. Congrats on the great amp. Im in the process of unloading some gear to help fund my soon to be Swart AST purchase.

12. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Yes! Another convert. I have number 002, I told Greg a long time ago that this would eventually be his most popular model. Looks like it's coming true! Enjoy.