Bought a Record Player

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Bankston, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Bankston

Bankston Member

The singer in my band gave me a copy of Rio Grande Mud he stumbled across. I immediately went out and bought a little 5-in-1 stereo that has a record player. Nothing fancy. I live in an apartment and can't crank it up too loud. This is the first turntable I've owned in 20+ years.

Man it's good to hear some vinyl again! I dug out the few remaining albums I still have and ordered one I used to have off Ebay. I think I might have just developed a new obsession.

2. Baxtercat

Baxtercat Member

How cool is this album!

[Ironic; here's the link I'm now listening to, and I have my original LP in the stack near my record player.]

3. buddy62

buddy62 Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Silver Supporting Member

+1 Record player/ZZ top Rio Grande vinyl!:aok

..And I would totally agree it's a new obsession for me as I'm up to around 400 plus albums since last year and honestly been having a blast searching for old albums I used to have and stumbling across ones that I had forgot about. :bonk :eek:

Brings back some really cool memories opening up an album sleeve that you haven't seen since Jr High and spinning it!

4. Bankston

Bankston Member

The sound quality is fantastic even on my little $100 record player. Sounds like Billy is there in the room ripping on Pearly.

There's very few genuine record stores left in Houston, but Cactus Music has an entire room of used vinyl. I will be making a stop there this week.