Bought A Strat Plus - Blue Pear Dust Color

FuzzOff

I can't seem to find much on these, but the color appears to be fairly rare. Anyone else have one and know about how much they're worth? This one is a closet classic, perfect from head to toe. Plays great and sounds great as well, minus the lace sensors which will replaced with Fralins in short order.

GDking

Dunno but I have one exactly like it I forgot I even had sitting in a closet let us know I want to sell it :)

RockStarNick

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Strat Plus that I "converted" to a more traditional instrument.

Had a tech fill the LSR nut gap and install a bone nut, got rid of those ugyl satin chrome tuners, etc, etc...

I do have to say though, the neck on it is awesome. Just solid as a rock.

padavis

My dad has one, a 96 in some sort of white looks like a Jeff Beck almost. I love the way the neck feels, its fat and wonderful. I like the way the thing plays and sounds I am trying to get one for myself. Ive got some questions though why get rid of the LSR nut or the satin tuners or the LACES?! I think those are pretty neat features that really made these things what they are!

testing1two

Platinum Supporting Member
I have the exact same guitar! Mine is an earlier model that came with all gold lace sensors and the Wilkinson nut (aka worthless piece of crap) which I retrofitted to an LSR roller nut. If yours is anything like mine, it's a very heavy northern ash body with a bathtub route. I went through a few sets of pickups until I settled on Fralin vintage hots which are hands down the best choice for this particular guitar. I also replaced the trem block and saddles with Callaham stuff and that turned a great guitar into something really special. Also, I had it refretted by Sammy Sanchez here in LA and it's just inspiring to play. And we left the maple fingerboard unfinished so it's aging nicely.

I bought the guitar from one of my best friends who needed to sell off much of his gear shortly after the birth of his first child. I told him I'd never sell it for sentimental reasons, but now I won't let it go because it's that good of a guitar.

Mine is definitely worn more than yours for sure...I'll try and get some pix up soon.

And yes, I love the finish. They also made this finish in a silver and a red in the early to mid 90's. I'm not sure about the rarity of the finish as it was one of the standard finishes on the Strat Plus Deluxes of the time, but the fact that you have a 12-15 year old American made Fender in mint condition can't be a bad thing right?

1973Marshall

I always wanted one in that color. They usually have slim and fast playing necks, great tuning stability, and a hi-fi kinda sound with a mild, hotter, thick-ish kinda tone from the silver and red model LAces on there. I always rather preferred the golds overall, but tha combo can't be argued for versatility.

They go between $600 - $800 - usually falling around $750.

Still think about those but the 54 and 57 RI Strats have become my all around faves.

reverber8

A very cool color which I believe color was called Blue Pearl Burst. I owned 2 Strat Plus' in this very color both of them developed problems which were covered under warranty but required replacement.

The body on the first one cracked a month after I got it at the top two neck bolt holes between the neck plate and the neck parallel to the neck bolts. It took the dealer 7 months to get another one in the same color from Fender and this one arrived with a large section of the finish missing from the arm contour. The finish had flaked off inside the case and other areas of the guitar finish had the same funny orange peel look. Needless to say this one went back to Fender too.

I finally got another Strat Plus in Midnight Blue (more purple) which I traded a few years ago. I never really bonded with this guitar.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
It's funny, how many people think the Blue Pearl is a rare color, but more often than not, it's the one I see them in the most. I've got one, I love it.

musicman1

I worked in music retail from '88 to '92 and sold a ton of these gtrs. Blue pearl burst was a very popular color as was gun metal blue etc.
They even came in bright yellow and pink for while too! Ahh the 80's!! LOL

treeofpain

Gold Supporting Member
Blue Pearl Burst is not rare for a Strat Plus, but I can see where it would be perceived as rare for a guitar in general.

sears

Maybe not as rare as Blue Pear Dust but effin beautiful. I have a Tele Plus in Tea Green Medallion.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
I can't see the picture but mine is blue pearl burst with a maple neck. It came from Musicians friend with dunlop 6100 frets so it plays awesome. My only and main guitar. I love it. It was the last thing my father gave me before he passed away in 93.

Trending Topics