• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bought a UNO Kemper prom for FC1010 from Gordius. Did I just get ripped off.

bdrepko

I purchased a UNO Kemper prom from Gordius on Dec 21. I have not recieved an order number or anything from them. I have tried to contact them to no avail. The paypal went through, so they have my money. Is this a scam website? Does anyone have experience with them?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
These guys are a known name iirc. I would think you would be good? Mojo sent either way.

Oddly enough; I bought a dual footswitch for my Kemper off Reverb on that same day. Stuck at "shipped---label created" from the 23rd to the 27th. Out for delivery yesterday only to realize the idiots mailed the footswitch to themselves :bkw Got a refund and moved on. It's the holidays and all that but there is no excuse for zero communication in this day and age. Too many other vendors to mess around with this kind of bs.

Viabcroce

Pretty sure Xavier is not going to destroy his multi-year reputation in order to be able to run to Luxenbourg with your 20$ ;)

OTOH, his being a one-man business, chances are he's on holidays for Christmas

:)

synthetica

Never ordered from them but if you read their shipping policy looks like it may take a few weeks

"We usually ship EPROMs 1 working day after ordering in case of PayPal payment. In case of payment through bank transfer, it can take a few days for the payment to be processed. Due to the use of regular post service, it is hard to give an estimation on delivery time. In most cases, delivery takes less than a week within Europe, and 1 to 3 weeks for the US and Canada. But shipping times of 4 to 6 weeks may happen sporadically"

Nick Shephard

I dealt with Xavier a few years ago when I bought a Gordius Little Giant foot controller. He was a true genuine professional, there must be some innocent explanation.

Ricky1918

I bought the same EEPROM Tuesday morning, so I kind of panicked as I saw this thread hahaha

I received this email today, stating my order has been shipped.

VCuomo

I've bought from them twice. Did you not read the FAQ section? This question in particular:
Q: I didn't get any confirmation email! Did you receive my order?
Answer
Yes! Instead of emailing each of you personally, we concentrate on getting your order shipped as soon as possible. So rest assured that your order is on its way.

bdrepko

Pretty sure Xavier is not going to destroy his multi-year reputation in order to be able to run to Luxenbourg with your 20$ ;)

Yeah, I hope not. It is just I was never sent any order information, tracking number, anything. And they have not responded to several emails.

bdrepko

Also, I already got ripped off this month trying to buy a purse for the wife. Most detailed fake website you have ever seen. Must have spent a couple grand on this bogus website. Bought the purse, next thing I know there was $2500 taken out of my account. So you can understand why I am a little nervous when I cant get a response.

bdrepko

WTF. Why is everyone coming down on me. I dont know xavier or this company. It is common business etiquette to send some kind or order acknowledgement.

VCuomo

WTF. Why is everyone coming down on me. I dont know xavier or this company. It is common business etiquette to send some kind or order acknowledgement.
Did you read my post? He does not send order acknowledgements.

I can also assure you that if you send/sent any emails to me at work starting last Thursday evening through next Tuesday morning you would not get a response from me either. :)

eSS eSS

Most of the OP's concerns are codified on the website...but several unanswered emails? Busy or not that would be a concern holiday season or not.

Either way I think OP that you are going to be alright. A business would have to be REALLY hard up to not ship a $20.00 prom (at 50% Margin?). Relax and enjoy the holidays!

Viabcroce

Point being, Xavier and Gordius can hardly be defined "a fake", since his MIDI controllers are among the best in the world IMO :)

When I worked for Ambrosi Amps (Kemper retrofit power modules) I used to deal with International Customer Care. I never responded\answered emails during holidays, week-ends and the like.
It's probably a different approach here in Europe than in the USA, but certainly nothing to be worried about.
Also, I would "justify" a fake business\site when the marginal profit is several hundreds (or thousands) euros, where you can rip off a few customers and call it a day... but you can't be profitable with 20€ sales. Gordius' site alone would require hundred of sold items in order to justify the work and the expense.

PS: Happy New Year!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom