boutique amp companies

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
RedPlate, Friedman, Carol Ann, Bogner, divided by 13, 3rd Power, and Germino. These are my current favorites. Oh yeah and Komet. Right now Redplate is the only amp I own and I've never been more content. But if I were in the market I would consider any of these other companies.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Diamond, Granger, Guytron.

All based on product and customer service.

AllmanFan

Silver Supporting Member
Quidley. Amazing service and Ed is an awesome guy. I hope he gets back into building soon and from our conversation it seems potential in the next couple years. The only amplifier I can get every tone in my head out of the speaker.

vlammie

Audio Kitchen, and a lot of big names agree with me.
I must say I'm also intrigued by the jm trainwrecks and I really like bad cat too...
But Audio Kitchen for president!

wishkahdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Carol Ann, Billy Z, Glaswerks, Germino, Sebago. I also had good dealings with Van Weelden but they are expensive amps. I'd say Billy Z amps are the best kept secret on the Internet!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Why is Richard Goodsell not at the top of this list?
A high quality amp built by a one man operation.

Any amp company with a "staff" is less boutique than Goodsell. And his amps sound, feel, look, and are top notch.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Carr amps, glorious tone machines and I've got 2 of them inbound
Another vote for Carr, I have one inbound. And leighianson, which Carrs did you buy? I know you were playing the Viceroy last week...

I'll also put a plug in for Morgan.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
I've had absolutely top notch service from Carr, Germino, Dr. Z and Victoria. All well organized and responsive. I have had no interaction with 3 Monkeys but I recently got one (Orangutan Jr.) and I'm really impressed with the sound and wish I had tried one of their amps before.

LaoTzu

peters because you can choose your own tone stacks to go inside the amp of your choice. the best hi gain sounds youll ever hear.

stephenT

Why is Richard Goodsell not at the top of this list?
A high quality amp built by a one man operation.

Any amp company with a "staff" is less boutique than Goodsell. And his amps sound, feel, look, and are top notch.
I've sold everything else since I discovered Richard Goodsells amps around 2005. Waiting on my next Super 17 right now.

clarkram

Why are there two of these threads by the same poster?
Delete one!
delete delete, the answer to the OPs question will be the same for every response.
you like the amp because of how it sounds.

end thread

BTW, its a KOMET for me, for the same reasons.

Trending Topics