Boutique EQ?

goldie-gold

Fromel Shape EQ

I don't have one but I think they are pretty highly regarded. The guy who makes them posts here. You can order from him via PM. He is a good bloke - I bought a Seraph from him and love it.

I suppose you could call the BYOC EQ boutique too.

dysorexia

The Empress is tops. I had the fromel on my board, and while it did sound good...you have much more tonal options with the empress.

Andy J.

BJFE SBEQ
Diamond Boost EQ
Homebrew DeTox EQ
Antelope Effects Morning Dew EQ (not in business any more)

Last edited:

judsonabts

the Empress. I don't know how the other ones sound. The Empress is top quality, works on any instrument. It's so versatile and can be dialed in to exactly what you want.

If only it was easier to read on my board!

Nork

the empress is killer - i've heard it used post in studio. amazing! barber also makes an eq that is pretty good and a tad cheaper than the para.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Empress for me - amazing tool, totally natural sounding and powerful, worth every penny for the best.

Also check out Dr Scientist 'The Cleaness', get's a lot of props.

PanicProne

I own all three of the following:
Empress Para EQ
Fromel Shape EQ
BJF Sea BLue EQ

(see how funny enough, they all take up the exact amount of space when typing/writing them down)

Para Eq is really good at the details in a sound, you can really filter away the stuff you don't like and bring fourth what you want more of. This is also a bit of a hassle since it can be very sensitive.. So really, it's pros is it's cons. Still great pedal! Use this one all the time for my hardcore punk band for either boosting/eq:ing my crappy amp a bit or erasing all the unneccesary fizz from my distortion pedal. (Luxury punk isn't it? :D)

Fromel Shape can, in the words of the awesome David @crushthebutton.be "shape any od or signal the way you like". Personally I don't think it gets to the details (and I reaaaally mean details) as much as the para eq but it looks awesome and can really change for example, an od-pedal into sound like whatever you want. With this my blues driver can get really HEAVY! Awesome awesome pedal!

BJF SBEQ is a bit more subtle than the others I guess, but still is brilliant. What it does, is that it really adds tone to your sound. Anything run through it, not matter how it's set, sounds nice. I use it as a boost in my experimental band for tightening stuff up when I need to.

I'd recommend all three. The Empress for really bringing out what you like in a sound, Fromel Shape for shaping the tone of your guitar combined with a pedal(s), (not saying it can't shape your "clean" sound though, I just think it works really well with other pedals..

The BJF is good at fattening up things, boosting etc. However, I wouldn't use it as a "master eq".

Done.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom