Boutique Pedals-- Best place to Buy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tanner Vix, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Tanner Vix

Tanner Vix Member

I'm looking at buying a Keely or Barber Tone Press comp, a Full Tone Clyde Wah and a Peterson Strobostomp tuner.

I was wondering if there's a one stop shop for all of these or if I just need to cruise the net and ebay to find the best deal. Are there shops to stay away from? that you recommend?

I'd like to purchase all of these at the same place if possible.

Thanks.

2. blueprint

blueprint Member

The only place I know would be :http://www.musictoyz.com/
    BUT: I've never dealed with them...
    At least, they have all that you want.
    Hope this helped...

3. erksin

erksin Member

I don't know of any one dealer that carries all those makers - you'd probably be better off trying to shop them individually for the best prices...

4. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

5. Alister

Alister Supporting Member

Guitar X, in Colorado. I've bought several items from them. Shipping is free on most items, prices match lowest on web. They seem like a family business, also, and send you an email with shipping number -- quote prompt. Gary and his wife are there any time I call.

http://www.guitarx.com/index2.html

6. madsr

madsr Member

have bought from musictoyz and also tunnelvisionmusic.com ..both were excellent..fast shipping .. quality places..easy to deal with

7. fatback

fatback Member

When convenient and cost effective, I like to get my new pedals direct from the builders themselves. This seems to guarantee great support and customer service. On some occaision I've been steered to a more suitable pedal or mod for the sound and feel I'm after. Pro Analog pedals, Tim and Timmy od's, Area 51 wahs, and the Jangle Box comp are all examples of great direct sales boutique pedals. It's cool to get to know the guys that make the magic happen.

With that said, here are a few other Pedal folks I buy from on the web.

Musictoyz's customer service seems to have improved a lot in the past year or so. No more, being notified of your "rain-check" 5 weeks after placing an order. I give them occaisional buisiness when they have something unique or on sale.

Steve's Music is a trustworthy pedal dealer. I've made boutique pedal trades with them in the past.

Tonefactor.com has some of the friendliest and quickest service I've seen. The penny-candy as bonus packing material was a nice touch. :D

8. 85db

85db Member

MusicToyz.com has the largest selection indeed. But their customer service is terrible!

9. casazera

casazera Member

10. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Sometimes you can deal direct w/ the manufacturers...

11. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I have purchased several pedals from Pedalgeek.com. Shipping has always been very quick, they have a large and ever-growing selection of pedals, and they always sent a gift! (The t-shirt is really cool!). They also answer emails in a timely and courteous fashion. They have won my business, and they are the first place I check when looking to buy something new.

(Now... after that ringing endorsement, I think I deserve another T-shirt! - maybe a black one...)

Old, bald, and fat - the gitpicker

12. Jim Wagner Pickups

Jim Wagner Pickups Member

Ya know, I think member Muddy has been through the most pedals of anyone I've ever known. Whenever I have a pedal or effects question, that's the guy I ask. He's very good at descriptions. :dude :dude

13. madsr

madsr Member

also I want to add that musictoyz is in Maine and I'm in Mass. , they use UPS ground so I usually get the stuff the next day, that has alot to do with my perspective on their fast shipping.

14. Tanner Vix

Tanner Vix Member

Thank you gentelmen.

15. jkr

jkr Supporting Member

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

isnt that the understatement of the decade...

i like www.ToneFactor.com myself. Brad's the man, and his service is beyond top notch.

brick and mortar wise, i'm a www.juniorsmusic.com gent.

17. lv

lv Supporting Member

I like Teddy at musictoyz and they have a wide selection. But after:

1. Having 2 Atomic Echo clones pedals sent to the wrong address
    2. Getting every aspect of another order completely wrong (wrong amount of cable, wrong connectors) and shipped a broken, untested Menatone 6 knob KOB
    3. And most recently waiting over a month after the item was retruned to get a purchase credit for a Maxon AD999 to my credit card

After 1 and 2 I still bought stuff from them, but 3 was the last chance.

18. B Vance

B Vance Member

19. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

+1

They don't have everything, but they do have the best service I've experienced.

A common complaint about MT is their not labelling whether they have a pedal in stock or not, and customers paying for a long wait in a lot of cases.

20. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Just a big :AOK for Pedal Geek. They don't stock Fulltone, but they carry Keeley Barber etc and are great to deal with.

Not comparing them to Juniors or ToneFactor, just sayin'.