Boutique Tone - Montreal!

josh.rigaud

wOOp wOOp! ... Just moved to Brazil Last year. My job is now sending me 11 days to Canada with an Off day In Montreal ... Imma hit up Boutique Tone... Always wanted to go there ...

mspizziri

Moog Audio also has a nice selection of pedals

I've never been in their store, but their site seems to have a bigger selection than Boutique Tone

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
Montreal, Canada's best kept secret! When it comes to gear! Great service too!

8strings0hair

Moog Audio rocks!
But Boutique Tone is great too (private rooms to test stuff out...nice!).
Check 'em out both they're only a couple of blocks from each other.

drolling

Yeah! Moog's practically next door, so you've GOT TO check 'em out while you're in the neighbourhood

Just across the road, you'll find 'Schwartzes Deli', home of the infamous Montreal Smoked Meat, if you're into that sorta thing (brined & smoked brisket of beef - utterly delicious, IMO) BUT, if there's a long lineup (as there often is) you'll find similar fare at "The Main", which is on the same side as Moog & Boutique Tone

I finally left Quebec a while back, but IIRC, Ted Steveson, the brilliant luthier who also builds Painting With Electron amplifiers has set up shop in the vicinity. Don't know if he's open to the general public anymore, but if he is, don't miss the chance to play the nicest guitars you may experience thru' the coolest amps ever

You'll be within walking distance of "the Mountain", too! In case you actually eat some of that stuff pictured above (POUTINE) and feel in immediate need of extremely vigorous exercise!!

tsinthegame

Anyone know a good luthier in MOntreal?
Lutherie MF. I've dealt with them many times for various things and they always do a great job. Some say they are a bit pricey, but keep in mind they are pros.

As for the poutine, you may need a bypass after eating it.

Regarding the OP, + 1 to Moog Audio.

scuff

Lutherie MF. I've dealt with them many times for various things and they always do a great job. Some say they are a bit pricey, but keep in mind they are pros.

As for the poutine, you may need a bypass after eating it.

Regarding the OP, + 1 to Moog Audio.
Not so sure about MF, try Stevenson guitars if he still does regular jobs for others guitars than his or Laporte et Courchesne. For me does are the 2 best ones.

tsinthegame

Not so sure about MF, try Stevenson guitars if he still does regular jobs for others guitars than his or Laporte et Courchesne. For me does are the 2 best ones.
Do you have something to share that people in Montreal should know about? I've really had only good experience with MF and would want to know if I should keep an eye out.

51nocaster

Que de Cheval in Montreal for great steaks/fish etc..

Wonder if the "Insectarium" exhibit is still open....may curtail your food needs

Trending Topics