• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BOW, to the Master: GUTHRIE

Jarrett

I was watching up to about 20 second mark thinking, "what's so special about th..."

Wow... when he cuts loose, dang. That ending harmonic slide/trem deal was a perfect finish.

Drifting

Damn.

I hear about Guthrie constantly on TGP, first video I've really watched.

Great phrasing and feel, and he fits in the fast playing too. Incredibly tasty playing, great tone. His sound in this vid had a clean character, but the attack on it sounded kind of overdrivish.

hangten

Gold Supporting Member
amazing playing!

hard to like the context for me tho.

love to hear him with a band - any suggestions?

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
He is a badass guitarist's badass guitarist.

Nah, the badass guitarists do not like him. Too good. You should hear the
faults they come up with.They are simply intimidated and scared.

Guthrie is not just an amazing guitarist but a stellar human being to boot. So humble, so talented and so giving to other players and fans as well.

Sir Douglas T

Silver Supporting Member
Simply put the freshest breath of air to come out of this decade!!!! He is without a doubt a players player that will inspire for many years to come. I feel he will put a spin on instrumental music that will appeal to the mainstream as well as the hardcore guitarist. - Sir Douglas T

Zootallures

Just respect Guthrie for what it is,
not for what it could be. No guitar player at that level should be compared
to another, creative musical expression, can't be rated on a level of 1-10
it's a feeling of soulful expression that should be adored, not rated.
I love different guitarists and musicians for the feelings they give me,
some pe

Last edited:

Trending Topics