Bowie's Who Can I Be Now? box set...the remixes and remasters are incredible!!!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by gennation, Dec 7, 2016.

1. gennation

gennation Member

I'm not much into box sets but damn this whole set sounds incredible...and I've been listening to this stuff since these were all originally released.

The Harry Maslin remixes are the best thing I've heard in decades, jaw dropping...it's like he took all the layers of guitar, keys and vocals and pushed what we've heard for decades to the background and brought all the buried parts up front. It's like listening to it the first time again!!!

And the 2016 remasters are just perfect! The remastered Station to Station album is like they are sitting in front of your playing it! So clear and full of a whole new vibe.

If you are a Bowie fan and haven't checked this out yet, YOU NEED TO!

I've been listening to it on Spotify for about three weeks now and get let it go!

[​IMG]

2. relix63

relix63 Supporting Member

I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for posting.

3. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Nice. I remember buying a box set for my sister oh 20 years ago. About the size of vinyl with a clear case

Sound & Vision

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I won this box set at my local record store. Gave a casual listen to some discs and didn't see/hear what the big deal was. I will have to go back and listen closer.