Box of Rock vs. Indyguitarist

dr.circles

Costs aside (not much of a difference, anyway), which one would be better for a medium gain Marshall sound using a Strat and a Twin? Any indyguitarist pedal is in contention- Plexidrive, Plextortion, Pinnacle or Ecstasy, although the Plexidrive and Plextortion would probably be the most appropriate for medium gain Marshall.

iamspartacus

The Plexidrive for sure was originally voiced for a fender type amp. Since adding the "bright" switch, it works well with marshalls and other darker amps too.

My plexidrive hits this kind of tone spot on. I love it.

ahltarocka

Supporting Member
Just received the Plextortion and I own the BOR. Two different pedals with 2 different Marshall sounds. BOR more or an 80's tone and the Plextortion more of an Angus tone.

ROCK THE ROLL:cool:

voojo

Just received the Plextortion and I own the BOR. Two different pedals with 2 different Marshall sounds. BOR more or an 80's tone and the Plextortion more of an Angus tone.

ROCK THE ROLL:cool:
Strike that, reverse it. I have both, the Plextortion is fully in the JCM 800 and up catagory, where as the BoR is more in the JTM 45 catagory.

ahltarocka

Supporting Member
Strike that, reverse it. I have both, the Plextortion is fully in the JCM 800 and up catagory, where as the BoR is more in the JTM 45 catagory.
I stand corrected. You are right. I guess my brain was a bit reserved, but that is what I meant to say.

Go Giants!!!!!!:AOK

Trending Topics