Box of Rock with...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by joshbaezmusic, Feb 7, 2012.

1. joshbaezmusic

joshbaezmusic Member

Hey guys,
    I'm wondering what other od/distortion and fuzz pedals help compliment the Zvex Box of Rock.

1. OD/Distortion Pedals
    2. Fuzz Pedals

Thoughts on the Timmy with the BOR?

Thanks!

-j.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. geetar76

geetar76 Member

This weekend I put my Keeley Modded BD-2 after my Box of Rock and it sounded pretty good. I have the boost on all the time on the BOR because I really like how it seems to fatten up the sound. I used the BD-2 for a boost during solos.

3. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

try driving the BOR with the XOTIC AC Booster...great results for me

4. TCauble

TCauble Member

Hey there, I recently picked up a BoR and have found out it pairs up great with a few of my other OD pedals. I've got a Timmy that I run with it, and that can sort of act like a further EQ of sorts, as well as it sounds great stacked. But what I've really liked the most is my Fulltone 69 into the BoR - It does something to the fuzz that makes it sound like its going into an already cranked Marshall and it's a pretty righteous sound, I bet any germ fuzz would do this great

5. geetar76

geetar76 Member

I just realized I opened an old thread, but it's a good topic! I am such a novice with pedals, but the BoR really seemed to work for me this weekend. When I was in the studio recording an album with the last band I was in, the engineer really loved the BoR. I kind of dismissed it and didn't really use it for awhile other than the boost, but after this weekend I think it's going to get more use. I need to experiment more with using my volume knob to get some clean tones while keeping the BoR on.

6. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

Fuzz Factory.
    Honey Bee
    Treble boosts!

cheers