• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boxing Day: Big Sky or Wet + Exp?

Ilsenhab

Tough time making this decision...

I won't be using the modulations of the Wet, so it's really down to the quality of the reverbs and footswitchability onstage between fills, choruses, solos and the infinity hold for drone sections. Obviously the price is a bit of an issue, as I'm here in warm rainy Toronto.

What does the TGP crowd say?

S

earwax

Tough time making this decision...

I won't be using the modulations of the Wet, so it's really down to the quality of the reverbs and footswitchability onstage between fills, choruses, solos and the infinity hold for drone sections. Obviously the price is a bit of an issue, as I'm here in warm rainy Toronto.

What does the TGP crowd say?

S

Isn't Moog doing 15 percent off today? Pretty sure they are dealers.

yeatzee

Can't go wrong. I went slate/exp and have no regrets :) their reverb algorithms do sound different though so be sure to listen to some comparisons. I personally preferred the neunabers sound in general

Morgancograve

I'm voting for wet + exp

I've got one and an empress.

I really like the wet Neunaber preset system, four sounds plus a variable on each one. Using an expression pedal gives you infinite variables between, great for big swells.

The empress is great too

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
I own both. Go with the Big Sky.

There is no spillover when switching algorithms with the WET+EXP combo. The Big Sky is more flexible that way.

thesooze

My buddy has the Slate+Exp, and while it sounds great, does not perform live as well as my BigSky with its spillover and MIDI implementation. I also prefer the Strymon algorithms, so win-win.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom