Boxing fans?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by tcdrover, Apr 16, 2015.

1. tcdrover

tcdrover Member

Two weeks for the big match-up between Manny & Floyd.

It will be an interesting fight.

I'm a big boxing fan, I've watched all of Floyd's fights and all of Pacquio's since he won that first big one.

Let's see some predictions. I think Manny outpoints him.

I see lots of people seem to think Manny's only chance is by KO, but I actually see it the opposite way. Floyd might be able to KO Manny, that is the only way I see Floyd beating him.

Mayweather's whole game plan is usually to avoid contact. He never really goes for the KO. In his fight against de lahoya I thought he could have KO'ed Oscar if he would have just stepped forward in the 2nd half of that fight.

If you compare their common opponents things look pretty grim for the money man.

2. Ed Packer

Ed Packer Silver Supporting Member

To me, Mayweather is like Pernell Whitaker - he wins by making his opponent look bad. Manny is a fighter -I like him.

3. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

I hear a lot of people claiming this will be the biggest test of Pacquiao's career.

Uhh, no. Mayweather is actually going to have to use his chin, and I don't think it's going to go particularly well for him. Turning almost 90 degrees perpendicular to the ropes and hanging your head about 2' outside the ring isn't going to work with Manny.

4. fjblair

fjblair Silver Supporting Member

I just want to see a great fight but I hope MP puts Mayweather on the deck.

5. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

I like Manny, but I have a feeling he's gone soft. He's a Senator, not fighting that much etc. It'll be interesting....

6. tcdrover

tcdrover Member

when you look at their common opponents, other than Erik Morales, Manny has beaten the cr@p and/or stopped many of the guys Floyd was outpointing in boring decisions. Actually Cotto managed to mark up Floyd's face a little

I think Floyd would never have signed on to the fight if Manny didn't show him up in that Heat basket ball game, that was very clever of his team.

7. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

This fight should have happened a decade ago when these fighters where in their prime. Instead, we have a 38 year old man fighting a 36 year old man. While I think it will be a good fight, it will not be close to what it could have been.

I hope Manny sends Mayweather to the canvas early and often.