• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boz Scaggs: Never knew he was so good

Custom Deluxe

Been listening to Boz Scaggs lately. I've known and loved his hits (Low Down & Lido), but his overall catalog is so good I never realized what a talent this guy is.

Anyone else diggin' the Boz?

That bass line and the drums and hi hat ride on Low Down kills me every time I hear it.

Chrome Dinette

I am mainly familiar with his 70s hits, which got a lot of play around the house when I was a kid. I know
He has done many other things, though.

I think Lido Shuffle is great. For a brief period, my band used a short loop from Lowdown as set up music.

flume

Double Platinum Member
Saw him perform a few years ago and he was great. No beards or banjos. Played all the hits and lots of soulful stuff too. Pretty sure I scored that night as well.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I've seen Boz about 6 times over the years, he is a great singer. His live bands are killer too. Love his catalog and career.

stratjim

love me some boz, especially 'moments' and 'come on home'. he's gonna be here in n h next month, unfortunately i'll be cali bound

urizen

Silver Supporting Member
I think everybody needs to listen to Come On Home and Dig --- both those albums shine with soul, taste, and knock-out guitar playing on Scagg's part throughout.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Check out the Middle Man album.
Boz with Toto!

S.
j

urizen

Silver Supporting Member
I think everybody needs to listen to Come On Home and Dig --- both those albums shine with soul, taste, and knock-out guitar playing on Scagg's part throughout.

Last edited:

WorkinSteamin

A buddy and I spent most of high school getting stoned and wearing out "Silk Degrees" on vinyl. What a great album. I'm just rediscovering it. If you love Lowdown and Lido, get this album you will not be disappointed.

Try this one on for size...

Last edited:

Heinz57Pep

I used to work with Boz Scaggs' brother. I used to bust his balls that a BS greatest hits album would look like this:

1. Lido Shuffle
2. Lido Shuffle
3. Lido Shuffle
4. Lido Shuffle
5. Lido Shuffle
6. Lido Shuffle
7. Lido Shuffle
8. Lido Shuffle
9. Lido Shuffle
10. Lido Shuffle

Yes, I was an asshole.

gigs

Saw Boz last year in Pittsburgh. 1200 people venue. Was fantastic. Great songwriter and performer. Laid back, good grooves, good musicians. Highly recommend seeing him before he gets too old and quits touring.

Spooky Action

Some Change and Middle Man are both 90% as good as Silk Degrees.
He is a fine guitar player too.

I had sinus surgery 7 weeks ago and my voice has been a bit Scaggsified. I am really looking forward to performing live with this deeper and fuller voice.

Trending Topics