• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Brandi and Les Paul-front and center SNL last night

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
I recently got a dose of Brandi at Ohana fest a few weeks ago. I was totally blown away by her live show. She could be the best singer I have ever heard live. She shows that ability on this song on SNL last night. The song starts off slow then she picks up the sunburst and take the song to another level. It sounds like a song Queen may have written.

joesnewmatch

Music Is My Soul Food
Silver Supporting Member
I had two take always. First, best live bass sound I’ve ever heard on SNL, probably ever (during first song). Second, she absolutely killed it. One of the best overall performances I’ve ever heard on the show. And I can’t say I was a big fan before. Wow.

I watched about a half minute from each of her two SNL performances last night. they were ok. she and her band weren't bad. for what they do, they're alright. its just not really my cup of tea. a while ago I read that she sang a couple of Soundgarden songs with the other surviving members of Soundgarden. Black Hole Sun, and one other one, I think... there was also rumors swirling around that she supposedly made it known that she would love to be considered for their singer if they ever decide to continue as a band... um, NO. not in a million years, honey. don't even entertain that thought. Soundgarden are one of my favorite bands of all time, and in my mind, almost NO ONE can replace Chris. if the other 3 guys ever decided to continue with someone else, the person would have to be a rare enigma that could match his tone, and vocal abilities 100%. its definitely not a replacement that should be considered if the prospects are only better than average. that will not do.

Last edited:

Attitude Era

a while ago I read that she sang a couple of Soundgarden songs with the other surviving members of Soundgarden. Black Hole Sun, and one other one, I think... there was also rumors swirling around that she supposedly made it known that she would love to be considered for their singer if they ever decide to continue as a band...
That’s not rock and roll.
None of those 90s rockers were clamoring to join f**king Herman’s Hermits.

That’s not rock and roll.
None of those 90s rockers were clamoring to join f**king Herman’s Hermits.
well, I can understand if she had a good time doing those songs with the other 3 Soundgarden guys. that's fine. and I can appreciate it if she's a huge Soundgarden fan or Cornell fan. I get it... but if she thinks she is worthy to be his replacement, OR gullible enough to think that those guys would consider her to replace Chris, she seriously needs to wake the f*ck up.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
I watched about a half minute from each of her two SNL performances last night. they were ok. she and her band weren't bad. for what they do, they're alright. its just not really my cup of tea. a while ago I read that she sang a couple of Soundgarden songs with the other surviving members of Soundgarden. Black Hole Sun, and one other one, I think... there was also rumors swirling around that she supposedly made it known that she would love to be considered for their singer if they ever decide to continue as a band... um, NO. not in a million years, honey. don't even entertain that thought. Soundgarden are one of my favorite bands of all time, and in my mind, almost NO ONE can replace Chris. if the other 3 guys ever decided to continue with someone else, the person would have to be a rare enigma that could match his tone, and vocal abilities 100%. its definitely not a replacement that should be considered if the prospects are only better than average. that will not do.
I think she knows she’s not a good fit. She is just showing her love for Chris and the band. But the thing is Soundgarden was all Cornell. The band is nothing special. They shouldn’t have any singers replace Cornell. AIC and STP are different stories. The bands were bigger than the singer. (I am not suggesting that either are better post original singers)

Mudder

Silver Supporting Member
What’s the longest way to say “back in my day…”?

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
Nobody noticed the two guys on bass and guitar that appeared to be either twins or brothers?
The Twins. The Hanseroth twins. Collectively with Brandi, they are “Brandi Carlisle” with equal ownership of the band. And they all live on the same compound - one twin is married to someone in Brandi’s family or some such. They are a tightly integrated unit.

By the way - yes, Broken Horses kicked all kinds of ass and the bass sounded wonderful.

That was clearly a vintage Gretsch 6120 - go Brandi. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Twin’s LP was a ‘68 Custom.

Last edited:

rolandk

Silver Supporting Member
Never actually heard any of her music until last night. First I got her mixed up with Belinda Carlisle from the Go Go’s, then I thought maybe she was the latest teen sensation. Anyways, she’s very talented with her own vibe but not really my cup of tea.

gtrdave

Silver Supporting Member
Meh, I watched the video and thought the performance was okay. The song didn't do much for me. Honestly, if she's the 'best live singer' you've ever heard, you need to listen to more people singing live. She's no Mel Torme...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom