Breaking Bad marathon

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pokey, Dec 26, 2016.

1. hereandgone18

hereandgone18 Member

LMHFDBSGBBCRTOGF

:dunno

travisvwright, massacre and Seth L like this.
  2. 68dripedge

68dripedge Member

You're in for a wild ride.

3. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

I just watched Dexter. It was good, but nowhere near Breaking Bad. I think BB and Sopranos are probably my two favorite drama series. The Wire was good, but I didn't like it as much and it didn't really have a conclusion.

4. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

For me, that scene was Walt's official crossover from doing what he needed to support his family, to the point of no return. Perhaps one of the most important scenes of the entire series.

5. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

For awhile it kind of felt like Walt was veering away from doing things just for his family, but at the end he came back. I'm not sure if internally he was really veering away or that is just what the show wanted you to think.

6. seajay

seajay Member

Yeah I couldn't figure it out either.

7. loudboy

loudboy Member

Sorry, it was episode titles that season...

Seven Thirty-Seven Down Over ABQ

"Seven Thirty-Seven", "Down", "Over" and "ABQ" are the titles of four episodes in season two. When the teasers are viewed in order, it depicts a black and white short film called 737 Down Over ABQ that acts as a flash forward to events taking place immediately following the season finale.

As teasers, they suggested a tragic event, possibly a meth related explosion at Walter White's house as authorities in hazmat outfits are seen collecting personal effects and placing them in evidence bags along other damaged items. Amongst the items are a pair of eyeglasses similar to Walter's. Adding to the illusion that a fire was involved, a scorched pink teddy bear, the main focus of each teaser, is the only item seen in color. An overhead shot of Walt's Pontiac Aztek with a damaged front windshield and emergency personnel in hazmat outfits close the zipper on a pair of white body bags. The shot pans upwards and fades into a full color wide shot depicting two large pillars of black smoke that are billowing in the distance behind Walt's house. The teasers actually depict the aftermath of the mid-air collision of a Boeing 737 commercial airliner, Wayfarer 515 and a chartered plane.

seajay likes this.
  8. harry65

harry65 Member

Best tv Eva!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Member

Funny, I just finished watching that as well - I'd seen the 1st 3 seasons back when they were aired but lost track. Loved it, but I have to give it to BB as the consistently best show ever - got even better with each season.

10. drewl

drewl Member

I think Cranstons comedic chop really added to the depth needed to play Walter White

Loved his X-Files episode!

Can't forget his Seinfeld role.

massacre likes this.
  11. jmp2204

jmp2204 Member

Probably my favorite show ever. Wish I was home this week to watch them all! When Walter kills Crazy 8, that is the start of his descent; Jane's death confirms his fate.

How many people die because of Walt's involvement, direct or otherwise? In the hundreds.

12. seajay

seajay Member

Very clever.

13. D. Stewart

D. Stewart Member

Rewatch binging a bit .... picking up things cf BCS that I missed the first go...
    SPOILERS

The mouthy investment guy WW sees at the bank, (& later blows up his car at the gas station) is the same guy in BCS that Saul & Kim con for a bottle of $50 shots of tequila at the pool bar ....

... and it's the same bottle of tequila that Gus poisons all the cartel bosses with in BB :)

Omega likes this.
  14. Blue Light

Blue Light Member

Having had a bit of coffee earlier in the evening, I found myself staying up late watching the closing chapters of Season 4.
    First, Gus Fring was a fascinating character and Giancarlo Esposito was terrific. It would have been so easy to have had another leering heavy in that role, but to have a worldly man with impeccable manners, that was nice.

But what surprised me this time around was the savagery with which Jesse and Walter were chewing up the scenery. I realize these were climactic scenes full of danger, but, boy, the acting intensity was almost over the top. I don't remember that from my first viewing. Whatever they did, of course, they succeeded. But whenever I watch this series from the beginning again, I'm going to have my radar up about that acting.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Seth L likes this.
  15. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Member

That and the "say my name" scene for me were big defining moments for him.

Astronaut FX likes this.
  16. hellbender

hellbender Member

Viewing this the second time around and on OLED T, really makes it clear just how much time and care went into this production. The story is great but I must also add that the cinematography is just stunning. The scene lighting is off the hook and makes every scene so compelling. The tight shots coupled with gorgeous outdoor wide shots and all the bobbing camera verite draws the viewer in, in a way that merely a good story without the attention to cinematic detail falls short. Just dazzling.

jamess likes this.
  17. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Member

a sick and dark tale! rewatching the conclusion. suffocating darkness.

18. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

So different than tv of old. I love that episodic tv encorporates such cinema elements these days. It became ok to do this in Lost, and lots of new shows have run with it. Longmire really let the dirt and vastness feel real.
    Enjoy BB. It is memorable.

19. SimonBSinister

SimonBSinister Silver Supporting Member

They are all on Netflix as well. You can sign up for the trial and watch them...

20. Schweezly

Schweezly Member

Best show I've ever seen. Everyone has that moment where it goes from great to HOLY F***. For me, it was season 2 with Walt and Jesses gf

Astronaut FX likes this.