• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Breaking in a Celestion Blue

blake480

Silver Supporting Member
Just ordered a 1x12 celestion blue cab from Joe Morgan. Finally found an AC20 deluxe. But it was a head only. So i needed to order the cab.

Anyway. How long should i expect it to take before the speaker is broken in?

Is there a good way to break in a speaker?

Can't wait to play the AC20. I've had major Morgan GAS for a while now.

Thanks for your help!
Blake

50 - 100 hours of play time, for the full break in, you should start hearing an improvement after 10- 20 hours.

I'd avoid shortcuts, so that you can hear the speaker mature for yourself.

there is an older thread that Celestion101 (IIRC), a rep for Celestion, told of a break-in procedure.... Rick, you still around!!!!

mcdes

Member of no importance
looper some strums a leave the house for the afternoon.
This, put something through it for 20 hours, that will take the initial harshness off, then for the rest of the break in, just play and have fun.

blake480

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks guys. I will do that! Can't wait to try and explain a 20 hour loop to my wife. hahah.

Ryan

When I was breaking in my the Gold I had a while back I brought the amp up to work, recorded a big 'ol loop, cranked it, and let it run all night while no one was around.

solitaire

When I was breaking in my the Gold I had a while back I brought the amp up to work, recorded a big 'ol loop, cranked it, and let it run all night while no one was around.
:agreeThis or play records through it hooked up to your stereo.

newb3fan

Silver Supporting Member
This, put something through it for 20 hours, that will take the initial harshness off, then for the rest of the break in, just play and have fun.
How loud should you get it for this approach? I'm running a Morgan DAG15 into it starting Saturday!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom