Breaking news : A Komet has hit Pa....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Joe Perry, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Gold Supporting Member

Full report @ 11:00. It just arrived. All of a sudden I'm felling sick. I may have to go home early.:cool:

:dude

Joe

2. BrentSP

BrentSP Member

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Joe,

Which Komet?

4. Joe Perry

GAT,

I bought Charlie Daughtry's 6V6 prototype head. It's the little brother to the 60. Mines red with the "cloth" white V. In the Amp emporium there is a long thread/ad with some pics. Can't wait to get home & try it out. This afternoon is dragging!:mad:

Joe

5. GAT

You beat me to that one. Man that is a cool amp! Maybe it sounds like my Sex Amp, one of my favorites! I have a Constellation coming next week, 3 Komets! :dude

6. Joe Perry

GAT,

What are your other two Komets? 60's? I saw the purple 60 one you just sold while drooling over that Bruno Super 100.:dude

Joe

7. GAT

Joe,

I was told it was sold, but then through a lack of communication and a check I decided that I would keep it. I have two K60s now, however I may trade one in for a cool guitar I have my eye on. I sold the Bruno, my FTR37 and a Germino in a week so I really didn't need to sell the Komet. I have a Diezel VH4 and an RSA23 with cab on the way, plus the Connie. I thought I was doing good on the cutting down on the gear! :D :( :D

8. v-verb

v-verb Member

Quite a bit of that going around it seems:mad: :mad:

9. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

please write a review on that rsa 23 when your receive it. :)

10. GAT

Yeah, I've had so many guys tell me that they are buying gear, then I have to keep asking what the status is , no money sent, no communication, etc. I finally just move on. I held the Bruno for about 6 weeks, finally the guy stopped answering emails. He still posts here but I will never do a deal with him. When I buy something, I always tell the seller exactly when the money is being sent, what method of payment etc. Oh well, this is still a cool forum with a lot of great gear and people.

I hope the RSA23 is all what others have said. I am getting the new vertical 2x12 cab. I'll probably put the new heritage celestions in it. Great speakers once they are broken in and really bad sounding when they are not! :D

11. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

What cabs/speakers do you guys use with your Komets?

(or just see my "Cab/Speaker Question" thread)

12. GAT

My go to cab for the Komets is the 2x12 Germino with the G12h Heritage speakers (well-broken in) or my old metal handled Marshall 4x12 with original 30 watt speakers. It sounds pretty good through my Bruno 2x12 with the Heritage speakers, a bit looser and more chime and slightly deeper bass.

13. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

I'm looking at the Constellation... got any suggestions? Was looking at Bob Burt cabs...

14. themusicboxstudios

where's this review?!!!! :p

15. GAT

Don't have the Constellation yet but Hogy recommends the older Marshall cabs so any 2x12 that has the same qualities would work, Celestions, birch, etc.

16. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

It's now 11:51. Where's our review?

Must be awesome if it's taking this long.

17. Joe Perry

Alright guys, sorry for the delay. I guess I ment 11 am the next day. I have a mini review. I didn't get as much time with it as I wanted (3 kids you know).

First, the build quality is superb. Super quiet when idleing, even with my strat with single coils. I thought it was broke when I first turned it on because it was so quiet. Charlie kept it in perfect shape.

I used my Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12 cabinet with Cel. blues and my Fender CS Rory Gallagher strat. I mostly used gradual mode. Very harmonically rich, articulate sounding tone. I plugged in straight, no fx for now. Although I'm going to try my RV-3 for some verb. I also want to get a Holy Grail to try. I needs my 'verb. I didn't crank it a whole lot but with the neck single coil it did have some nice Fendery type growl with the 6V6's. Chording was sweet and lush sounding. It's a very big sounding amp. It would cover many styles like Blues, classic rock & country. I'm not very good at reviews, as you can tell, if anyone has any question please ask. It's safe to say that this amp isn't going anywhere.

Right now I don't have a way to do any clips but my friend is going into a studio this weekend to do some overdubs. He may use the amp so I'll try & get some clips that way. He's a killer player and would definately do the amp some justice unlike myself.

As for this recent run of deals gone bad. I've noticed it also. I haven't had one myself luckly. GAT, 5+ weeks was WAY more than fair. I don't think I would have been that nice. I can see 3-4 days to transfer funds to a paypal account. When I agreed to buy this amp, on a Sunday afternoon, I sent a cashiers check out Monday afternoon. Our deal was just delayed because of the recent hurricane in Charlie's area. Most of the deals seem to go well here. I just don't understand why some people have to yank others around. If you don't have the $, don't agree to buy.

Joe

18. themusicboxstudios

damn straight.

btw, i'm glad you like your amp i'll be waiting for those clips