Breathe

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Priestunes, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Breathe
    ...from St. Pat's Day, 2006

2. gennation

gennation Member

Wonderful! GREAT tune.

Do you have two or three guitars (including the slide/lapsteel)? Also, is that two singers of a doubler/flange.

I little more production on the drums and this would be true to form.

Thanks for posting.

3. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

It was live, so there may be a "double" effect on the vox in the room, but I overdubbed them and treated them with some plugins, including the harmony. There's the trick of taking identical soundfiles and nudging one a little to get the double track effect. The drums were recorded by three mics. I might want to compress them through an aux and perhaps add a touch of verb, yer right. Thanks for listening!
    (Slide guitar, twice, and original performance guitar with a second added later playing fairly identical chords and whatnot, but different pickup. Tele on bridge. My intent was not to produce a "this is what we sound like live" set of tracks, so I don't mind sprucing these up. The amount of gear used to "spruce" these tracks up is probably the amount of gear Gilmour gets on his left stage monitor...!!!) ;)