Breathing new life into an old guitar....

Synex7254

Finally got around to installing my new pickups and wiring harness into my 1999 Epiphone Sheraton II and all I can say is WOW! It's like having a brand new guitar!

Got a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's and a wiring harness from Sigler Music's 920D Custom Shop and while it took me some extra time to fish everything inside (I only have to make the output jack hole a tad larger) it came out great and sounds amazing. Love these pickups, don't know why I waited so long to do this!

Only issue now is the original gold hardware has oxidized and is pitted and the new pickups are all bright and shiny. I need to find a direct replacement bridge in gold which may be a bit tricky as the the bridge spacing is 72mm versus the standard 74mm of Asian imports. I've read the Duesenberg Steel Saddle bridge fits perfectly so I'll have to look into that.

Also need new knobs that fit the CTS pot shafts. The old ones don't fit well but that's an easy swap.

Now back to playing....

bulbasaur_85

Don't forget about tuners too. I just installed some Hipshot tuners to replace the stock ones and they are really nice. 18:1 ratio is a nice upgrade.

Reactions: Rod

Synex7254

Don't forget about tuners too. I just installed some Hipshot tuners to replace the stock ones and they are really nice. 18:1 ratio is a nice upgrade.

Already have Grover's installed! That was the 1st mod I did years ago.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom