• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Breedlove Roots Series

garytlove

Has anyone here played much on the Breedlove Roots guitars? I had the chance to play one in a guitar shop yesterday and was very surprised. I have not been a fan of Breedloves looks, so I hadn't tried them out. The employee at the guitar shop recommended I try an OM style and first impression was that it was heavy. I had very low expectations, but was very excited by the sound that it produced, not to mention the great feel. They are made in Oregon, not imported from Korea. Anyone out there have one, or have any negative experiences with this line? I am considering buying it. ($1450) I think I will check out Larrivee's first, though.

RustyAxe

Has anyone here played much on the Breedlove Roots guitars? I had the chance to play one in a guitar shop yesterday and was very surprised. I have not been a fan of Breedloves looks, so I hadn't tried them out. The employee at the guitar shop recommended I try an OM style and first impression was that it was heavy. I had very low expectations, but was very excited by the sound that it produced, not to mention the great feel. They are made in Oregon, not imported from Korea. Anyone out there have one, or have any negative experiences with this line? I am considering buying it. ($1450) I think I will check out Larrivee's first, though.
I've been playing my Root OM/SR-H for a few months now. I love it. Yes, it's a heavy beast, especially compared to my Martin D-35. And not loud. But great tone, great looks, and a joy to play. It has the Baggs Element VT pickup and preamp, and sounds great plugged in, too. I got a hell of deal on a blem (can't even see the miniscule blem ... grin!) from MacNichol's ( http://www.macnichol.com ). It's my second Breedlove, and I'm becoming a true Breedlover.

By comparison, the Larrivee 03's don't stack up (to me) ... but the 05's and 09's are awesome guitars. I'm weak, I love 'em all ... :facepalm

garytlove

I almost bought it, but picked up a Taylor GS5 today instead for about the same price. It's a bit brighter but has a great balance on the bass side.

Trending Topics