• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Brett Garsed - Dark Matter

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
What's it like?
Well if you're not familiar with any of Brett's music then I would say we're talking about stunning Rock/Fusion melody driven guitar based instrumental music. Brett's has an incredible tool kit of superbly executed techniques that support his compositions with "musicality" first. If you really like Greg Howe then I would suggest you might really enjoy Brett's records, be they his solo records or his insane work on Uncle Moe's Space Ranch.

Take a few quick listens at the itunes link above and there won't be much more that I can say.

iamdavea

Gold Supporting Member
I have Brett's instructional video. That last solo he unleashes on (I think) "Quid Pro Quo" is just mind-boggling. AND very musical!

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads up ... Love Brett's playing in the fusion vain ..
really just wasn't interested too much in his slide rock work in the last so many years,
but it sounds like he's going back more to the Fusion side on the new album.
Will surely be picking up some of those new jams... they sound really happening.
He has such a beautiful touch ... goes down quite easily

Sid

the sound samples sound fantastic....the rhythm section seems more involved on this album.....liking the mix better too...

Stinky Kitty

Silver Supporting Member
Big influence and one of the reasons I eventually ended up with a Steinberger GS. His hybrid picking style is interesting. Of all the REH videos I once owned, his was the only one I kept.

Trending Topics