Brian May Heart Attack

Steadfastly

Three stents? There must have been a fair amount of blockage. Brian is one of my favourite guitarists and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Glad to hear they could do something for him.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Silver Supporting Member
just goes to show you, ya can't outrun genetics, sometimes watching your diet and exercising is just not enough, stuff happens - the remarkable thing is that now a cardiac catheterization can an outpatient procedure, unless it happens to you out of the blue, then get on your high horse and get to a hospital - know the signs, pay attention to the signs (this is the way to keep it an outpatient procedure, in by 8am, home by 6pm, in most cases).

Ramboorider

Supporting Member
Wow, good luck to him. I've got 2 stents under the same conditions. He should be ok. Hope he takes to the medication better then I did.
Everybody's trying to get their two stents in...

I didn't make that up, but heard it not long ago and had been waiting for a chance to use it.

Thanks for the opportunity, and I'm glad you seem to be doing well with them...

-Ray

Last edited:

frijoleghost

Supporting Member
been there - at age 60...healthy as could be, except for a wee problem with a blocked artery...doctors kept sending me home until they finally were forced to take a closer look, and duh - there it was! those stents do the bloody trick, though, i must say...love mine!

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I dread the day when my number comes up as I have a terrible reaction to the IV contrast used in the procedure. I'm old, take my statin, control my other risk factors and keep my eye on the horizon. But with my medical luck... :rolleyes:

Additionally, it's a very sobering reality that one can appear quite healthy, live a health promoting lifestyle, and still get coronary artery disease. Genes and age overshadow all other risk factors. And some risk factors are simply unknown. Past viral and bacterial infections, clinically apparent or not, can damage coronary endothelium and lead to plaque and eventual clinical disease. Gut microbiome, etc, etc. Do what you can, but don't count on it...... (and do what you can to pick your genes wisely and slow down time..... )

jon

Last edited:

larry1096

Thank goodness they caught it in time. On a purely selfish note, I'm not ready to lose Dr. May after all the other calamities lately.

Larry