Brian Moore Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wutnot, May 22, 2005.

1. wutnot

wutnot Supporting Member

Hey all, I just got back from the American Guitar Show on Long Island NY and tried out some Brian Moore guitars. I believe I played the iGuitar8.13 . I thought they sounded very nice but was not going to spend the 3.5k he wanted for it. Geez for that I could get .... well you get my point.
    Very nice finished and playability on a particular one was good.
    Just wanted to see if you guys had a take on them in comparison to others guitars, taking into account the extreme price he was asking.

2. rjmmusic

rjmmusic Member

An iGuitar shouldn't cost much more than $1000. The US custom shop models (C-90, DC/1, etc.) have big price tags, but poor resale value. You can get them on eBay for around $1500.

I've owned a couple but have kept my DC/1 - it's the only Brian Moore I really like. That model in particular has great tone and feel IMHO.

3. wutnot

wutnot Supporting Member

Yeah I looked into the prices, I think the guy was trying to rip me off at the show. Funny you go to a guitar show and you figure you are going to look for some deals.... This one was the other way around, the shops were trying to rip of the customers, badly!
    This guy wanted 1800 bucks for a 50th anniversary (not the custom one), retail I think it is 1100.
    So sad the show was a huge disappointment.

4. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

I played an MC/1 for many years - beautiful instrument, no longer in production. Sold it as it's list price crept up around $8500 (too much) and I found myself drawn back towards more traditions Strat and/or LP designs.

5. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

Ran across a factory rep demoing i-guitars last month @ Odibella music in NJ...

He was drooling over my PRS singlecut when I brought it in to show him how thin the iGuitar2.13 he was playing was! LOL

6. wutnot

wutnot Supporting Member

lol that is great! I did find them very twangy and thin.

7. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

You don't hear much about Brian Moore anymore. They were the **** 7-8 yrs ago. I think the MIJ or Korea instruments really hurt his reputation. Branded a sell out..........not that the others don't do it as well.

8. tms13pin

tms13pin Supporting Member

The custom shop guitars are *way* better than the iGuitars.
    There's really no comparison. The Korean ones (i2000) are
    a good deal for the money, the i1000 Chinese made ones are
    garbage. The C90 is a *wonderful* instrument. I haven't
    played a DC/1, but I've owned a C55 and a C90 and my
    C55 semi-hollowbody is due in any time now.

Gary... comparing your PRS singlecut to a i2 model isn't really
    a fair comparison. Compare it to a DC/1 and see where it
    stands. The BM neck will be thinner, which many folks will
    like, but this is a personal thing. It'll be a bit faster than a
    wide-thin PRS neck. Once again, this is subjective to the player,
    I personally like the BM neck than the W-T on my CE24. The workmanship will be every bit as good as your PRS though.
    Maybe even better.

I really like Brian Moore guitars. I like PRS guitars too!

--Tom

9. rjmmusic

rjmmusic Member

An important thing to note is that the DC/1 is the only Brian Moore that has a larger neck carve - kinda in between PRS wide thin and wide fat. Even the Korean made version of the DC/1 (the i2) has the same thin neck as the rest of the Brian Moores. The different neck is the main reason why I like that particular model so much. It probably doesn't sound anything like a Singlecut - it does have a smaller body - but it does have a great sound more like an SG than an LP.

10. Marcello

Marcello Member

i have an i8, korean made and i think it's an awesome guitar, very resonant, fast neck, well made. Couldn't justify spending extra bux on PRS...

11. webe123

webe123 Member

Sorry, but I don't agree with your assesment that the Brian Moore guitars from china are garbage. I own an 81.13 i guitar that I use with my Roland Gr-33 and it stays in tune, and intonates as well as my $3,200 PRS macrty saopbar guitar! Granted, it may not have the wood,craftsmanship or electronics that my american made PRS has, but it is DEFINATELY not garbage!

To me, even the lowest priced Brian Moores are a good deal. Have you even played a lower priced model? I have played both kinds in the lower and higher end Brian Moores and to me, the 81.13 will stand scrutiny against some custom shop models I have played. To tell you the truth, I hardly have the thing go out of tune that often. I was thinking of getting an american made Brian Moore i guitar with the MIDI, but for the prices they want, I think they are asking way too much. So I have decided to keep my 81.13, simply because it does what I need.

12. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

Another one who doesn't think the Chinese i guitars are "all crap." After replacing the electronics (p/u's and all) and tuners on my i21, this guitar keeps turning heads with it's tone, and it's efortless to play. The body and neck were a good, solid, pretty resonant platform.

Brett