Bridge for Edwards LP

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Tone Loco, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Member

The bridge on mine is caving in, can somebody tell me the generic name for the right replacement? Mine has the wire over the tops of the screws. I just want to make sure when I order one that its the right spacing for the posts and that the holes are the right diameter. Its a Goldtop w/P90s, like a 56 or 68 gibson, not sure of the model number.

2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

3. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

Just make sure you get one with the right hole size, I don't know if the Edward guitars use the Gibson spacing and hole size or the import size. If it's the import spacing, the Allparts "Old Style Tunematic" is a nice Japanese ABR-type bridge with the import size holes and spacing. Also, the Gotoh bridges will fit, but they don't make one with the wire. The import ABR ones have the same specs as a Nashville bridge, and will also fit on Nashville posts.

Al

4. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Member

Thanks, this is what I was concerned about. I don't think I have anything accurate enough to measure the inside of the holes on the bridge. They aren't the big holes I know that. And it does have the wire, but if there are two varieties for ABR-1 is there a measurement other than the inside diameter of those holes that I can check?

It's made for the Japanese market so I wouldn't be surprised if it used whatever the standard equipment is over there but I don't want to order it till I know it will fit without messing around with it. I don't really care about the wire, actually not having one might be better...

Anybody replaced a bridge on an Edwards LP? Seems like they are pretty common around here.

5. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

Check out the top three bridges on this page, they are the Allparts Tunematics I spoke of, and they have the measurements for them. If yours fits those measurements, I really recommend this bridge:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_abrgibson.htm

Let us know what you find out about the measurements, I have wondered about the Edwards guitars.

Al