Bridge/neck instead of middle only on a standard PRS 5-way blade possible?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by sleepingtiger, Apr 29, 2016.

1. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

I have a PRS NF3 that I love, but I think I;d like to change mine to include a neck/bridge combo in the middle switch position in place of the middle only, like on a Cu22 Soapbar. Anybody know if this is simply a matter of a little soldering or a more major change? On another thread I was told that I had to go with a Megaswitch to get the combo, but I THINK my Cu22 Soapbar & KL380, which have the settings I desire, only have a "regular" switch.
    What do you wiring gurus say(no offense, ProfRhino)?

Tony

2. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

dunno about the current PRS blade switches, but a superswitch would allow for this combo without a doubt.

3. sleepingtiger

Yeah, I'm hoping I could use the current one. IF it's the same as the switches on the Cu22 Soapbars, it should work, as that is how the stock switching works.
    I have emailed PRS & am waiting for their reply. I don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place...DUH!

Tony

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

throw out a pic of the switch and we can give a useful answer i think.

5. sleepingtiger

Here is the response I got from PRS in response to my inquiry copied & pasted below. The switch they link to is almost $47, so it's twice the price of the Superswitch. Thanks guys!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.

With your stock switch you would not be able to have the bridge and neck pickup on at the same time in the middle posistion. This would require a different 5 way switch and custom wiring. Our PTC team offers this service for 175.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and I will arrange for the guitar to come in.

http://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/5-way-blade-switch-pickup-selector

Sean

Sean Littleton

Paul Reed Smith Guitars, Ltd.

Customer Service

380 Log Canoe Circle

Stevensville, Md. 21666-2166

(410)643-9970

6. AdmiralB

AdmiralB Silver Supporting Member