• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Brief clip- take on Texas Flood with Pod HD

prufroc8

I had a chance this weekend to mess around with some patches on my Pod Hd 500 (seems I end up spending more time these days tweaking than playing, an unfortunate side effect of the endless options presented by technology these days...). I was trying to cop the tone of Stevie Ray on Texas Flood. I made a little recording of my latest patch permutation, if anyone is interested in taking a listen here it is:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/prufroc8/texas-flood-pod-hd-500[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Funky Monkey

Nice results!
Brief text description of the patch? Blackface 'Lux Vib, but anything else for gain?
And all neck pickup on the Tele?
(Sorry, just really interested but I'm at work and won't likely be able to hook the HD up for patch download until Sunday.)

Last edited:

prufroc8

For the patch I posted, it has a rat and a tube screamer. I have gone back and forth between using one of these distortions in the chain or both. With both it is too much gain for SRV, but I find the patch more enjoyable to play. Little more sustain.

It is almost all on the neck pickup, the intro is on the neck-middle setting, and towards the end I flipped it to the bridge just because.

Trending Topics