Bright Cap Pull Switch on '66 Deluxe Reverb


I replaced the Vibrato channel volume pot on my original 1996 FDR with a pull-pot that brings in and out the "bright cap." This essentially gives the amp a "bright switch" via the pull pot volume knob.

Here is the original volume pot with bright cap wired across the terminals:


Here is the new pot. I re-used the original capacitor and wired it up such that the volume knob is in a "pull-bright" configuration.


Here is the pot installed in the amp. I used the original terminals but needed to add a (green) ground wire on the 3rd terminal of the pot.


It works and sounds great! I like the bright cap in circuit for my humbucker guitars and like it out of circuit for my teles and strats. Appreciate all comments and questions.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom