1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back Chappers

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Hawkmoon269, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Hawkmoon269

Hawkmoon269 Supporting Member

I've been watching old Anderton's videos, and Lee and Chapman were completely gay for each other had an unbeatable chemistry. I get that these were basically infomercials but they were entertaining.

I have a loose idea of what his grievous sins were, but can we identify a road to forgiveness? This is getting a bit silly.

2. No_Stairway

No_Stairway Supporting Member

3. tonedover

tonedover Silver Supporting Member

i dont like the exposed buttocks

4. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

5. DGA

DGA Supporting Member

I like Danish Pete better.

6. Hawkmoon269

I don’t. The videos just feel like commercials. No disrespect to Pete but the chemistry just isn’t there.

7. Surveyor 777

Surveyor 777 Member

I haven't paid attention to all the drama surrounding him but I have to say I enjoy the Anderton's videos with Danish Pete & The Captain more than the ones with Chapman.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the ones with Chapman-just not as much as Danish Pete.

fretless likes this.
  8. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Bring back music gear mattering because someone made cool music with it not because some YouTube personality gave it their nod of approval.

9. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Psst...it's because they're commercials. They were always commercials.

10. sunkidd

sunkidd Member

I just kind of figured that Chappers was on tour with a band or something and wasn't available for the demos...
    I don't know what happened to him....but why would I? I don't know anything....

I really need to talk to Lee, (now that I'm thinkin' about it)....;)

11. Hawkmoon269

Yeah, I get that. That’s why I specifically mentioned that in the OP. The Chappers videos didn’t feel like commercials. Get it?

Leader Desslok likes this.
  12. Emigre

Emigre Member

I'm not much for internet dramas and I liked the Chappers/Captain vibe and repartee/double entendres. It's just not the same with Danish Pete, though I much prefer his playing :)

So I say bring the Chappers back.

13. Lung plunger

Lung plunger Member

The British are so weird and cheery for each other. All that chip chip cheerio.

14. Mark White

Mark White Member

As explained in the first 20 seconds of this video ;-)

15. babbyb

babbyb Supporting Member

The dudes are friends, and people dig their chemistry. That's cool. They should start a podcast.

But for videos demonstrating the gear? Pete is a much better player in general and absolutely a better demonstrator. I don't miss Chapman at all.

16. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

I've since found Rabea's demos, much more useful to me. Rabea dials in some great sounds.

17. Hawkmoon269

Rabea is great as well. I just miss the Chappers and Captain format. I feel like there’s enough room on YouTube for all of them.

Brett Valentine and Mad-kiwi like this.
  18. Hugh Honey

Hugh Honey Supporting Member

Danish Pete all the way for me.

rhumbob, FusionRock, JohnK24 and 3 others like this.
  19. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Um that might be because they ARE commercials.....!

20. Surgeon

Surgeon Member

I have nothing against the guy (I don’t care about all that internet drama) but I don’t miss him. I don’t like his playing/demoing that I’m quite indifferent to his absence.

FusionRock likes this.