Brit Floyd on ETV

banjowillie

Silver Supporting Member
I've seen both and imho Brit Floyd is miles better. Going to see them tonight, as a matter of fact. First row balcony. Woo!

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
We'll probably never see all these songs played live again by Gilmore or Waters so this is the next best thing I guess.

whackystrings

Aussie Floyd have trips through Vancouver every handful of years and the temptation is great but I would *really* like to see a Pre-Wall type of presentation where backing/accompanying musicians were of the WYWH era. Not even a 2nd guitarist (a la Snowy White w/Animals). Trouble is, more sonic space is left open and those instruments and vocals really need to come close to the originals. Imagine a 4pc band re-creating Set The Controls on stage with fog machines and airplane lights and Mr. Screen!? whoa.

I loved seeing Floyd in '94. The Brit Floyd and Aussie Floyd orchestras seem to be mimicking the Delicate Sound of Thunder-type of sonic power in their performance. An extra bit of gloss and bombast that people enjoy, I suppose. If it ain't Floyd themselves doing it, then I will stay home. But for folks that never had the chance to see Floyd, I'd recommend checking out these top-notch cover/tribute bands.

burner

Damn, I missed it tonight...was looking forward to it too.
Hopefully they'll replay it tomorrow night on their alternate channel as they seem to do that. However since they are running a pledge drive, who knows......?
Couldn't get the local schedule page to load. Blah!

Wayne8

Haven't seen either of those so I can't compare but I saw a group called Dark Side Of The Moon (I think) that was awesome. I think they're from Memphis. You could close your eyes and swear it was Floyd. Even had a girl that came on and did that thing in that song I can't remember the name of right now. Gave me chills.

Pally

Haven't seen either of those so I can't compare but I saw a group called Dark Side Of The Moon (I think) that was awesome. I think they're from Memphis. You could close your eyes and swear it was Floyd. Even had a girl that came on and did that thing in that song I can't remember the name of right now. Gave me chills.
Great Gig in the Sky

Thing I like about tribute bands is that they often have a fresh approach, and you can get good seats at a low price.

A couple of years ago I enjoyed Led ZepAgain from the front row in a small club. It was not Zeppelin, but it was a night of hard rocking Zep tunes by top-notch musicians.

Trending Topics