British Pedal Company - Anyone know anything about these guys?

Prices seem crazy expensive - they look nice.
Yeah, they look decent, but no gut shots that I can find and the video demos don't sound that great.

I really never understand why people get away with charging so much for a TB fuzz circuit when you can buy many fuzzes from $100-$200. It's a super simple circuit. Makes no sense.

mmolteratx

Some gut shots on their site. Build quality looks okay-ish. The trimmer looks hilariously unstable and poorly thought out.

But yea, these are the incredibly shady Music Ground guys. The marketing is misleading at best (home of fuzz since 1966? lol), they don't own the Tone Bender or Range Master trademarks but use them anyways, they use cheap modern production germaniums and charge $400, etc.

Some gut shots on their site. Build quality looks okay-ish. The trimmer looks hilariously unstable and poorly thought out.

But yea, these are the incredibly shady Music Ground guys. The marketing is misleading at best (home of fuzz since 1966? lol), they don't own the Tone Bender or Range Master trademarks but use them anyways, they use cheap modern production germanium's and charge $400, etc.
Looks like about what...$40 worth of parts? A license to print $. Bummer they aren't say $199 and the demos actually sound good.

Snufkinoob

So what's the story behind these guys and Music Ground? I'm sure I've come across threads regarding the latter in the past, but can someone explain in brief?

MrFuzzTone

I ordered a BCP Players MKII OC81D pedal the other day - Reverb.com

I played my Keeley Black Glass OC81D yesterday. That pedal sounds fantastic. Will be interesting to compare them. My guess is the Keeley has better build quality and parts selection. The bottom line will be how they sound.

I have a Lumpys MKII, two Pro Analog MKII pedals, Hudson Electronics Stroll On MKII, Lovepedal MK12, Rotosound 60's Fuzz reissue, Keeley Black Glass OC44 All Germanium, other pedals ..

Usually play them through a 65 Amps Ventura, Tungsten Cortez or Swart 6V6se. All great sounding amps. Fuzz sounds great through those amps.

jacobjj5

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
I played a British Pedal Company Zonk Machine this past Saturday & loved it. I didn't hesitate to purchase the pedal - it kicks some serious ass. I have been using it on my various rigs at home in my studio & still love it. It's gnarly and nasty in a very good way. I haven't opened it up, but I'm not too worried about what's inside. It sounds great, and will work with my live setup, which is all that I really care about anyway.

Well ****.

Gary Hurst is involved with them too, making £1000 tone benders? Urgh.

And how come this place is still going: http://www.hanksguitarshop.com/categories/394/Music-Ground/ ? Or is that under different ownership?
Having seen that you are saying that I am connected with the British Pedal Company, I would like to say once and for all; I have no connection with this company whatsoever, even though my name is unlawfully all over the text headings to their pedals; Fuzz King, Doubler, Tone Bender etc. They have copied not only the names but also the graphic work on all these pedals. I was, as you all probably know, the designer of the Tone Bender the production of which was done by me for a time and then taken over by Sola/ColorSound. The Fuzz King and Doubler pedals were from my factory in Italy from the 70s period and these were made for CBS/Arbiter and Meazzi in various forms. I have been severally damaged by some earlier connection with these BPC guys when I supplied my Tone Bender Reissue to another of their companies some years ago. Then they carried on by copying this and other pedals associated with me, always using my name in the headings, and probably falsely signing certificates as well. This has given way to people thinking I am associated with them. This is in way true and I apologize if anyone has purchased from them thinking the product had something to do with me. Anyone can contact me on: gary@garythefuzzman.com

Last edited:

Slevin

Silver Supporting Member
Having seen that you are saying that I was connected with the British Pedal Company, I would like to say once and for all; I have no connection with this company whatsoever, even though my name is unlawfully all over the text headings to their pedals; Fuzz King, Doubler, Tone Bender etc. They have copied not only the names but also the graphic work on all these pedals. I was, as you all probably know, the designer of the Tone Bender the production of which was done by me for a time and then taken over by Sola/ColorSound. The Fuzz King and Doubler pedals were from my factory in Italy from the 70s period and these were made for CBS/Arbiter and Meazzi in various forms. I have been severally damaged by some earlier connection with these BPC guys when I supplied my Tone Bender Reissue to another of their companies some years ago. Then they carried on by copying this and other pedals associated with me, always using my name in the headings, and probably falsely signing certificates as well. This has given way to people thinking I am associated with them. This is in way true and I apologize if anyone has purchased from them thinking the product had something to do with me. Anyone can contact me on: gary@garythefuzzman.com
Legendary drop by right here

analogmike

Vendor
Having seen that you are saying that I am connected with the British Pedal Company, I would like to say once and for all; I have no connection with this company whatsoever, even though my name is unlawfully all over the text headings to their pedals; Fuzz King, Doubler, Tone Bender etc. They have copied not only the names but also the graphic work on all these pedals. I was, as you all probably know, the designer of the Tone Bender the production of which was done by me for a time and then taken over by Sola/ColorSound. The Fuzz King and Doubler pedals were from my factory in Italy from the 70s period and these were made for CBS/Arbiter and Meazzi in various forms. I have been severally damaged by some earlier connection with these BPC guys when I supplied my Tone Bender Reissue to another of their companies some years ago. Then they carried on by copying this and other pedals associated with me, always using my name in the headings, and probably falsely signing certificates as well. This has given way to people thinking I am associated with them. This is in way true and I apologize if anyone has purchased from them thinking the product had something to do with me. Anyone can contact me on: gary@garythefuzzman.com
Thank you for posting. In the USA, a call to my lawyer would end the miss-use of my name quickly. I hope you can do the same.