• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Bro — do you even Metro?

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member

Full direct/recording/silent rig on a Metro 24, so I guess a little above the thread's size requirement :dunno. I've added a NKT275 Sunface and a PTD Mini-Bone to the top shelf next to the Sun Bender. Fuzzes run into the Maiden to serve as a preamp so they behave normally. H9 handles all the delay/verb/mod. Torpedo CAB is the “power amp” and speaker simulator. It’s an awesome tool for direct or silent playing w/ headphones. Strymon r30 is mounted underneath, and powers all of it.

Last edited:

dragonfly66

Since the dimensions of the Metro Series don't make sense to me, please allow me to chime in with a question.
How do you guys deal with overhanging plugs and cables? Are they a problem regarding pressure on the jacks if you put down the board in the softbag, front side touching the ground?
The soft bag is forgiving. I have a couple of Nanos, one Metro 20, and a Classic Jr. The Nano and Metro bags are tighter than the Classic Jr bag, but because they are soft bags they do flex and allow for cables sticking out and a little overhang of pedals.

dragonfly66

This is an old version of my Metro 20. For me, the Metro is such a weird depth. I never could get a tidy, appealing configuration on it. Maybe I need a Metro 24. Right now I prefer the Classic Jr. A little more depth, but a little less width. I wish there was a 24" Nano+ though, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

xcc

Full direct/recording/silent rig on a Metro 24, so I guess a little above the thread's size requirement :dunno. I've added a NKT275 Sunface and a PTD Mini-Bone to the top shelf next to the Sun Bender. Fuzzes run into the Maiden to serve as a preamp so they behave normally. H9 handles all the delay/verb/mod. Torpedo CAB is the “power amp” and speaker simulator. It’s an awesome tool for direct or silent playing w/ headphones. Strymon r30 is mounted underneath, and powers all of it.
Very nice man. I’ll break the rules with you and put up my 24:

rabbit

The soft bag is forgiving. I have a couple of Nanos, one Metro 20, and a Classic Jr. The Nano and Metro bags are tighter than the Classic Jr bag, but because they are soft bags they do flex and allow for cables sticking out and a little overhang of pedals.
Thanks, dragonfly! I have a Jr and Mini and love that the bags have a little more room inside. Speaking of the Mini, the old version I have has a protective plate at the front of the board to protect plugs sticking out. Since PT got rid of that plate with the later version of the Mini board nobody other than me seems to see a problem in overhanging plugs that would touch the ground first (and thus stressing the pedal jacks) when putting down the bag/board vertically.

dragonfly66

Thanks, dragonfly! I have a Jr and Mini and love that the bags have a little more room inside. Speaking of the Mini, the old version I have has a protective plate at the front of the board to protect plugs sticking out. Since PT got rid of that plate with the later version of the Mini board nobody other than me seems to see a problem in overhanging plugs that would touch the ground first (and thus stressing the pedal jacks) when putting down the bag/board vertically.
All of my plugs are right angle so the plug will only go in so far before the angle would stop it. If your plugs are straight then that would be a concern. The pressure could be harmful because there is nothing stopping the plug from pushing in more and more.

Norman Lee

Used to be quite into the Metro series before I decided I needed more space and traded up for a PT JR!

Started with a Metro 16...

Before acquiring more pedals....

Before upgrading to a Metro 20...

Before trading with my friend's PT JR. Here's his Metro 20 that i helped him to do up:

So yeah, I do Metro pretty hard, but not anymore :D

Gila_Crisis

I still need to fine tune few things but so far so good here's my new compact pedalboard (Metro16 base frame):

More or less is the same setup I had on a Pedaltrain Jr.!

Kennyscrown

I’ve been Metro’ing for a while. Started with a 20 just below and I’ve been through a few setups since. I recently bumped it up to a 24 to fit an HX and a BigSky but haven’t taken a picture.

Older 20

Old 20

Recent 20
Woah! The 1st and 2nd boards are amazing!

Yep, I'd do this.

I've often thought about a modular approach, with a couple of Metros so I could join them up or take one or the other out when I didn't need mission control.

Trending Topics