Broadcaster 0084 at Norman's

Nonvintage

Thought I'd post this. Saw a video of this guitar which was photographed by Leo and used in the first Broadcaster/Telecaster advertisement. Someone just bought it. I don't know who. It has a very specific grain pattern. Can someone please post the link?

russ

Silver Supporting Member
I’m gonna guess that guitar sold in the neighborhood of $125K.
It didn’t have the original case, and was refretted and new nut.
Anyone else wanna take a guess at the price?

riscado

Doesn't that high E string slide off of the fretboard, it seems to be extremly worn down there on the 3rd, 4th and 5th fret.

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
That guitar sounds epic. Oh my.

Dude demoing it doesn't understand the wiring. He's not on "both pickups", he's on the neck only when switched to the middle position. But yeah, that neck pickup sound is unreal, bridge, too. Monster guitar.

LesterSays

Gold Supporting Member
What a guitar. What. A. Guitar.

Lemmo is an amazing player. All of his GOTD are worth watching. My guess is that Lemmo has sold a ton of guitars for Norm. I don't know how he keeps pumping out great demos of guitars, all different and watchable. Find some of his Jazzmaster demos.

I wonder if he made the mistake about the pickups because he was nervous with the guitar haha!

Chris Scott

I’m gonna guess that guitar sold in the neighborhood of $125K.
It didn’t have the original case, and was refretted and new nut.
Anyone else wanna take a guess at the price?

That price is consistent with what he sold the Broadcaster that came from Billy Gibbons, so it seems like a reasonable guesstimate.

scottcw

Low rent hobbyist
Silver Supporting Member
That guitar sounds epic. Oh my.

Dude demoing it doesn't understand the wiring. He's not on "both pickups", he's on the neck only when switched to the middle position. But yeah, that neck pickup sound is unreal, bridge, too. Monster guitar.

When he said, “go into both pickups”, I thought, “no you’re not.”

Given the neck rewind, I wonder if maybe it’s been updated to modern wiring.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
If that Broadcaster was a fit for my budget I might have to sell all my Strats:eek:! Yeow...what a tone!

Aloha Mark

I lost the cost of that Broadcaster just due to the stock market on Sept. 3. Chump change, right? I keep telling the wife that guitars are a better investment. That Broadcaster (btw) is not a good investment in the 6-figure territory.

riscado

Also goes without saying it's a lot more interesting to hear Lemmo playing these guitars. He's a great player.

Muttlyboy

Gold Supporting Member
I like the way Lemmo found the right thing to play for the guitar in each switch selection. I would have thought that the front switch position would be useless, but he made it work

Trending Topics

Top Bottom