Broken Amp (Busted Fuse?)

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Trego, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Trego

Trego Member

I have a Line 6 Flextone II and cant offord another amp...so dont even tell me to get something better...I would if I could. Anyways, today I was proping my amp up so i could hear it at band practice and it fell over on its backside. The power cord hit the floor and took all the weight and the power turned off. It wont turn back on. We took the back off and made sure everything was still connected and nothing was broken. Then i took where the power plugs in, and we noticed that the fuse looks like it is burnt out. Where can i get a replacement fuse? I hope that is all that is wrong with it. Any Help?

Thanks,
    Matt Trego

2. mbratch

mbratch Member

If the amp falling over caused the fuse to burn out, then the fall may have caused a short. Make sure you have it checked out before putting in a new fuse.

3. Trego

Trego Member

what would happen if i didnt get it checked?>

Matt

4. mbratch

mbratch Member

If the fall caused a short, then in the best case, as soon as you put a new fuse in, it would blow, too. In the worst case, maybe something else would blow.

5. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

I agree with Mark. If you replace the fuse (with the proper rating of course) and it blows again, there's obviously an internal short in the amp that will need to be repaired. Radio Shack should have a fuse of the proper rating (fuses are typically marked with their rating). Fuses can go bad too so maybe replacing it will be all that's required. If not, you'll need to have a good tech check out the amp internals. Good luck.

6. Trego

Trego Member

haha...I just found this post that I made more than three years ago...it must have been my first post.

The amp turned out fine. I still play it every weekend. (but I am looking to get a new amp soon)