• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Broken Pcb board

Atdi2000

I have a Keeley modded TS-808 and the board is broke where the ground screw holds the board in place so when I put the adapter in it pushes the whole board. It still works but barely with the adapter, I was wondering what I should use to glue it back together, super glue, epoxy, something else. Just curious if someone else had the same problem and what to do to remedy it. I'll post pics if necessary but it's just a small corner that's broke and I will probably just glue it if no one has a different opinion.

flintstoned

I'd use a big washer under the screw, that'll cover more surface area and still maintain the ground connection.

Heady Jam Fan

The above is probably a good idea because you don't know what putting glue in there might do or 'muck' up, a washer seems less invasive. I have to admit I have no idea myself, but I would take it to a local music repair shop, they will probably charge you $15 and have it back to you before you leave.

tjmicsak

Or scuff up a washer and the ground area on the board then solder the washer to both all around effectively attaching both parts back together. Hard to believe there is only one screw on the board. You may want to snug up the screw and then re-melt the solder after to be sure it won't hair-line crack when you tighten, unless you solder a nice fat bead on. From pictures I see it looks like you are only missing the outside top section of the board between the screw and the pedal body. Kind of a weak design I would say...You could also get some small plastic right angle pieces and epoxy them to the case on opposite sides at the far end corners to act as lateral stops adding more strength against the board moving inwards.

Atdi2000

Great idea on the washer, pretty sure it will work like a charm, I'll try and post results.

Stratm69

Sounds like the ground screw got tightened waaaay too tight and then the pedal got banged around from heavy use, causing the break.

Depending on how bad it is, you might have to get a new pedal from Keeley. From what i'm reading, it sounds pretty bad :/

Trending Topics