Brown Fender Amp Kits...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GTRJohnny, Feb 11, 2012.

1. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I am looking to find out who makes the closest kit for a '63 VibroVerb. I know about Allen amps. But, I am not talking about amps inspired from the originals. I am looking for those that are either very close or perfected clones. And, I am not interested in Fender's reissue from a few years back. Thanks! :)

2. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Do you want a kit you can build, or a clone made by somebody else?

3. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

Weber has some kits for it...either the 6g13 or 6g16 will get you the circuit and your choice of speaker cab (number and size of speakers) and color of cab, but the difference between these two is the choice of either harmonic vibrato, or bias-modulating vibrato.

4. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

5. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

Good question. My next question was going to be if anyone knew someone who was really talented in putting them together right. I could do a basic one, but think this level would be best left to someone with much more experience.

Is there anyone on this forum or elsewhere that everyone agrees is great at this? Thanks.

6. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I think the harmonic trem requires an extra tube. I think the standard bias-vary would be cool for me.