brown note D'lite 22/33 hows the clean channel ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by missing_dave, Sep 18, 2008.

1. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

searched and found a bunch on its OD..obviously i know. but what about the clean tone? ill assume nice blackface type tones? if the cleans are nice im in.. anybody got some clips as well?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. CincinnatiSi

CincinnatiSi Member

there are a few clips over at brownnote.net. they are located in the forum section.

3. brownnote

brownnote Member

FWIW, we're doing a bunch of new clips...the clean examples on the site only cover a small portion of it's range.

The ODE and Blue Monkey amps have cleans that we're extremely happy with...big bottom and lively harmonics, great headroom.

So many people have been asking for SRV/Mayer/Schofield tone that we've started calling it the "SMS" voicing.

PM me if you want to talk...

oh yeah...thanks for that...there are some really great user clips in the forum section.

4. DOMINIC

DOMINIC Member

oooh i can't wait :)!

i want to know if the d'lite can get that tone...

5. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

great ! PM sent ..thanks

found some cleaner ones on the forum..missed those when i was on it before..thanks

anybody else got some D'lite comments on the cleans?

6. NitroLiq

NitroLiq Member

I just built one for another TGP member and am in the middle of tweaking. The cleans have a really round, voxy flavor to it and like brownnote mentioned, harmonically rich. I'm digging it with the mids scooped slightly, especially with a strat.

7. phalanges

phalanges Member

I've done some of the B/N forum tweeks to my D'Lites and not only is the OD tone my all time favorite but the cleans are big and complex enough that I don't use a lot of pre-gain "hair" to get sustain on the cleans. I'm able to hit big chords with minimal distortion.
    It's said that you always sound like you.
    With these amps I just sound like me, improving.

8. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

interesting to hear..thanks for the description.. any clips when your done?:AOK

9. Sammy

Sammy Member

I normally only buy one channel combos and use a pedal for overdrive. Last year I decided I wanted a two channel amp with obviously great cleans but with a good overdrive, but unfortunately many small type combos don't appear to have both!

Then I heard the Two Rock Jet but it was just too expensive. So after further research came across Brownnote amps. I finally ordered a D'Lite 22, which in all honesty, as I recently was able to compare it to a friends Two Rock Jet, sounded quite a lot better!

As you would expect the cleans are really first class but the choce of speaker has a lot to do with it.

As I said to Moss I wanted as much clean headroom as possible using 6V6's and didn't want that sort of gritty/clean sound you get with a lot of Celestion speakers, more of a smooth American clean.

Moss was excellent and tried out various speakers with the amp and we agreed on the sound I wanted the Jenson Jet would be best, which does indeed sound really good. Infact a certain Mr Robben Ford actaully tried my amp prior to it being shipped over to me, and really liked it! :AOK

Just to add I recently tried the amp through a cab fitted with a Scumnico, and wow! So I may be changing speakers! So in a nutshell yes the D'Lite has great cleans, but you need to speak to Moss on what type of clean sound you like, as he surely also has a speaker to match his amazing amp, which will suit your needs.:dude