• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Brownface Vibrasonic 1 x 15" 1960's

LazyJay

What is the common wisdom on these little fellas?

I have the chance of getting one at good money. All I have heard has been good things.

swiveltung

Fairly rare compared with others. Steel guitar amp. Got a JBL? Pretty cool. Loud I imagine. Cant remember, that one has a SS rectifier right? I'm bettin it's pretty close to the 1 x 15 Vibroverb.

Steppin' Wolfe

Silver Supporting Member
5G13 and the 6G13 Vibrasonic had a big OT. That in itself would separate it from the AB763 Vibroverb. he difference in rectification would yield a different map, too.....SS in Vibrasonic and tube in the AB763 VV.
Had I been a steel guitar player back then, I would have wanted the 5f8A high power tweed Twin and in the 6G period a 6G8 Twin.....with a 15" maybe. Double the power tubes = More power, right? Lower the input gain and Voila! Steel amp. IT doesn't look like Fender was overly concerned with the low note on the C neck, were they? They did not foresee the volume that would be wanted later on maybe. Just like SRV's VV amps and big strings, some strings and frequencies on a steel need/demand some adjustment to the input gain to maintain the notes' integrity.
I have never been offered a Vibrasonic...would be a treat to have one. I would imagine that original and exc cond value would be sort of hefty.

jimbo13

I had one for years and never cared for it. Sounded stiff with a ratty breakup and it wasn't a great clean sound either. Better choices out there for sure.

Trending Topics