Bruno amps thread. Let's see those beauties.

Desert Blues

A friend of mine owns this amp,a Bruno 100watt 6L6 that was Built for Ken Volpe,& it went back to Tony for more tweaks

Oz Hofstatter

We did an ABC Test with Germino Amps yesterday (Club 40 and Classic 45). All good stuff. The Pony sounds incredible!

Tramp

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm GASsing for a Cowtipper and this thread is not helping. ;)

traviswalk

In the Great State
I really liked the UG30 (especially with NOS EL84s), until I realized I wanted more headroom. This is the best 'Fender' sounding EL84 amp I've ever played.

traviswalk

In the Great State
I liked the Cowtipper II 45, but ended up liking some vintage Fenders a bit better.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
I really liked the UG30 (especially with NOS EL84s), until I realized I wanted more headroom. This is the best 'Fender' sounding EL84 amp I've ever played.

I somewhat agree. I love the UG30. But the UG45 I got satisfied my headroom wants and still has the same Tony Bruno fenderish goodness and Overdrive. Did yours not have reverb?
Better still my Custom 80 watt tweedy Pie has all the headroom one can ever need. Bigger than my showman Ultraphonix.
My Cowtipper 100 is even bigger still.

Creighton

We did an ABC Test with Germino Amps yesterday (Club 40 and Classic 45). All good stuff. The Pony sounds incredible!

How did the Bruno do alongside the Germinos? How about headroom? I've always thought the Club 40 is about the perfect amp for versatility. Any preference between them? I know it's not a contest or anything but always interesting to hear peoples opinions of these outstanding amps. I've always associated Bruno with more Fender circuits than Marshall.

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
How did the Bruno do alongside the Germinos? How about headroom? I've always thought the Club 40 is about the perfect amp for versatility. Any preference between them? I know it's not a contest or anything but always interesting to hear peoples opinions of these outstanding amps. I've always associated Bruno with more Fender circuits than Marshall.

Tony has great ears. Anything he builds sounds fantastic. On top of that he's an above average guitar player himself so he's got a leg up on most.
I've compared my Pony so far to my Dumble Ultraphonix Marshall, a 63 Marshall offset' one of the marshall offset repro anniversarys, Dirty Shirley and a Metro. Afterwards I thought I'd better have Tony make me another exactly like the one I have. Just in case I ever need a spare. It's that good.

smitty.west

never ever heard a better sounding amp than my nos telefunken/mullard-loaded underground 30 reverb head. paired with a /13 cab, loaded with a blue and a g12h30, it's sonic perfection; wouldn't change a thing. have gone through so very many amps- and played hundreds more-, but none have done it for me like the bruno. will post a pic tomorrow.

Trending Topics