Bruno Cowtipper 45 vs. 90

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Colt, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Colt

Colt Member

Hey guys...with these to amps, if you were going to use one primarily for jazz, and/or the clean side of a two amp set-up w/ a 50 watt NMV dirty amp (ex-Komet concorde...sometimes with an airbrake).....would the 45 have enough head room? or would you want to step up to the 90? If you do get a 90..does it sound stereile at low volumes, or does it SPEAK at all volumes?

2. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

I have never played a Cow 90, but my 45 is LOUD. I can not see needing more clean headroom, but to each their own! You want the bright switch no matter which one you get. :AOK KILLER amps!

3. Colt

Colt Member

Thanks, Tag! I figured you'd be one of the first to respond!

Is it more clean headroom than like...a super reverb?

4. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

Dammit Tag....Everytime I read one of your posts, it makes me crave a Bruno that much more. I'm thinking a Cowtipper 45 head would be a perfect compliment to my Bad Cat Tone Cat. What speakers/cabs do you like with the CW45??

Thanks

5. Colt

Colt Member

yeah, that too. I was thinking a head w/ a 2x12 loaded with two celestion golds..........with either head.

6. Colt

Colt Member

Wow...no more info on Brunos?

7. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

G12H30s!! (&0ths anniversary) PERFECT for the amps! (Remember you WANT the bright switch!!!)

I have never tried it with those, but again, the G12H30s are great with it. Also, with and Ethos pedal, you have a KILLER Dumble tone, click off, and the best cleans anywhere!

:BEER

8. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

The clean headroom seems to be more than a Super reverb. The 45 breaks up late (3:00 for me). The 45 also has even more girth than you'd expect from a 2x6L6 amp.

9. Colt

Colt Member

3:00 with buckers or SC?