Bruno Leadman 100 Circuitry

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by vds5000, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vds5000

vds5000 Member

Someone requested a gut shot of a specific amp in the Amps and Cabs Emporium. I've owned the same model, but not that specific amp. Here's a pic of the internal workings of the one I owned:

[​IMG]

Let me please stress, that this is the same model as the one for sale, but it is not the same specific amp. Let me also say that it did sound quite decent when I had it.

2. spyeman

spyeman Supporting Member

I am the individual that has the Leadman 100 up for sale in the emporium. Your sabotaging insinuations here, and over in the emporium, has forced me to open up my Leadman and check for myself. My guts are COMPLETELY different from yours, first off no black tape or blue goop crap that yours has, but there are MAJOR difference which leads me to think yours is not even a Bruno, or someone gutted it and redid it. I am no amp tech, but the two large yellow circuit boards in the center and left of yours - MY BRUNO DOES NOT EVEN HAVE THESE BOARDS. Major difference in the wirings and components at the knobs and tube input areas. In fact, the ENTIRE GUTS are not even comparable.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You and I have never done business, so I can only guess you have some axe to grind with Bruno. Before you post this kind of crap, do some research, your amp has obviously been COMPLETELY changed. I have contacted the administrators and asked them to remove all of your posts.

3. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

His post is within the rules here. This is the discussion area, it's a discussion.
    He's clearly stating this is not the amp you are selling.

Mike
    Mod Team

4. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

I had a Leadman 60. I do not have any gut shots, but it DID NOT look like the one above. I've also owned a UG30 and a CT35. Neither of those amps looked like above, either. My amps did not have black electrical tape on the caps, but they did have a fair amount of clear silicone caulking on caps and other components to keep them from vibrating. This is pretty common practice for a number of builders, including those who produce "beautiful looking" guts.

CT35, circa 2007:
    [​IMG]

My $0.02 on Bruno construction: solid but not beautiful to look at, he concentrates more on sound considerations.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  5. spyeman

No problem Mike, thank you very much for removing his posts in the emporium, I hope you don't mind my response here, I just don't know what his objective is, and he's dead wrong in his claim, I'm going to send a copy of his wiring to Bruno. A clue to him should be how wonderfully clean and new looking his box is - Older amps just don't look like that, my Bruno's box is certainly naturally aged. Either he got taken by someone who gave him a completely non-Bruno guts but put the Bruno faceplate on it, or he has a major axe to grind with Bruno. I don't get it, but whatever, the guy has acted with very poor manners and taste.

6. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Let's not take this personally, and not attack please.

Short leash on this thread, no one wants to babysit a flame war on christmas morning.

7. spyeman

Agreed, no more comments from me, thanks.

8. suhrbrutal

suhrbrutal Senior Member

I was the one who requested the gut shot. I had an early UG-30 that had the tape and silicone on it as well. That is why I wanted to see the internals. I am intrigued by the amp, because I use high gain amps primarily, and your price is very attractive. I have no affiliation with anyone else posting, or any beef with Bruno.

9. vds5000

vds5000 Member

What did I say in my posts that sabotaged the sale of your amp? Everything I said was positive and objective - it is a decent sounding amp - I made that clear in your thread and in this one. Someone asked for gut shots, and I stated that the internal workings of my Leadman 100 were not very attractive. I made it clear in your thread and in this one that it was my Leadman 100 I was talking about, not yours. I have see the internals of a few other Brunos that do indeed have black tape and do indeed have blue goop - although not to the extent of the Leadman I owned.
    You can be led to believe whatever you wish. The Leadman 100 I owned was previously owned by at least one other forum member on here and is 100% authentic to the best of my knowledge.
    I am ashamed of nothing - I said/did nothing wrong. I have absolutely no agenda, nor to I have an axe to grind with anyone. I had a Leadman 100 - it was a great amp - I had no complaints about it. I'm sure yours is a great amp as well.
    Here are more pics of the Leadman 100 I owned. As you can see, there were cosmetic differences between the one I owned and the one you have available for sale. Specifically, the grillcloth on the front and the back panel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sincerely did not mean to sabotage anyone or anything. I merely tried answering a question that another forum member had. I have no agenda against you or Bruno amplification.

Good luck with the sale.

Charles

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  10. vds5000

vds5000 Member

So what claim am I dead wrong in? I said it's a decent sounding amp. I said it wasn't very versatile, but what it did do, it did well. I implied that the internal workings of my Leadman 100 were not pleasant. So exactly what was it that I was dead wrong about?

Not sure what your point was. Mine was about 6-8 years old. I've had 30 year old amps that were in mint cond. Age does not always dictate cosmetic condition.

Still not really sure what I said/did that exhibited poor manners or taste.

11. Billion81

Billion81 It'd be a whole lot cooler if you did.

Merry XMAS everyone- My brother and I read this a few times and I recall seeing the post on the emporium.

This is a bummer for both parties as I do think the spirit of positiveness was evident from VDS5000 who posted the gut shot of his amp and did so with a fair amount of disclaim about his vs. the actual amp.

That said- an uniformed person could be put off by the pics which someone might interpret as a Standard for Bruno amps.

Anyway- see both sides here. Good to see that this appears to be resolved.

No good deed goes unpunished

12. lespaul6

lespaul6 Senior Member

Holy ****, those internals need some plastic surgery....

13. riffmeister

The cosmetics of this amp indicate that it is later than spyeman's in the Emporium.

14. spyeman

Oh man........you seem like an intelligent fellow in how you write. If you posted something negative in the emporium on another persons thread, about the guts of your same model amp being sloppy and the amp sounding "decent" regardless (and, from your post above - "What did I say in my posts that sabotaged the sale of your amp? Everything I said was positive and objective" - you are kidding, right?) and then I tell you that I took my amp apart, and my internals look NOTHING like yours do - no circuit boards (or whatever those boards are), no tape, no silicone goo, completely different set-up at the tubes and knobs, - in other words NOTHING LIKE YOUR AMP, don't you feel even a bit guilty/ashamed/wrong in that you posted information that infers my amp internals would be like yours, when in fact THEY ARE NOT? Don't you get it, at all????

15. spyeman

Lets leave it at this - your Bruno Leadman, for whatever reason, has circuit boards, goop, tape, etc. and looks like crap. Mine, does not, and looks completely different in all respects from yours. Your picture is of your own amp, and has no relation AT ALL to my amp. Good enough? Lets close this crap down.

16. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

?........................

17. spyeman

If everyone agreed to that, it would have been.

18. vds5000

vds5000 Member

Can't say for sure Riff. I bought it pre-owned around '06 and sold it I guess about a year ago.

There was no inference. Not sure how you could have come to that conclusion when it was explicitly stated that I was talking specifically about my old Leadman, not yours.

Actually, others have found this thread informative. I have no reason to want to close it down. I have stated facts. I have been objective. I have not taken anything to a personal level.

19. riffmeister

I don't know exactly what year the cosmetic changes occurred, but your Leadman definitely has newer cosmetics than spyeman's. The cosmetics of my Leadman 60 were like spyeman's. I bought my Leadman used in ~2002. I never really bonded with it, too smooth and rich for the rock 'n roll I like to play, and it definitely did not sound like a Soldano SLO as some said it should. But I am more of a clean amp + pedals guy so that doesn't really mean much.

20. spyeman

I believe it is common courtesy in the emporium that one does not chime in with negative, and in this case completely incorrect, inferences on amps that are for sale. It is your behavior in the emporium that I find in very bad taste, your posts in the emporium were deleted by the administrators, I don't care really what you post over here, but readers here don't have the whole picture if they didn't see your original emporium posts. Even another TGP'er I do not know posted in my emporium thread to tell you that your posts were out of line. To come over to a different forum, and make statements as I pointed out above, that you feel your posts in the emporium were - "Everything I said was positive and objective" is really incredible. If you believe everything you have done is on the up and up, well, good luck to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.