Bruno UG30 Cab/Speaker Recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GregS, Jul 26, 2006.

1. GregS

GregS Member

Hi all. I just got a Bruno UG30 head and need some recommendations on what cab and speaker combinations to try. I have tried it through a Jenkins open back 4x12 with Weber Blue Dogs and Silver bells. That's not bad. I have also tried it though a pair of Two Rock 2x12s. Again, not bad at all. In fact, it's really nice. But, I supect that there's a better cab/speaker combination for this amp.

Is there a particular cab you have tried that really matched up perfectly with an UG30?

BTW. I have a pair of Celestion Blues coming. I just don't have a cab to put them in...

2. Blueser

Blueser Member

Get the Bruno matching cabinet for it. I have one for my UG30, and I have tried G12h30s with mine as well as Cele Blues. If you go with the G12H30s, the amp takes on more of that sparkly, scooped american clean tone. If you want more of a jangly British clean and grind, and that crushed glass breakup that the UG30 is known for, then the Cele Blues are probably the best speakers on the planet for that. I have my Bruno cabinet loaded with a pair of Blues, but if I jones for the G12H tone, my 2x12 Germino cab is right next to the Bruno cab!

BTW....Congratulations on acquiring what is, IMO, one of the best amps ever created.

Enjoy,
    B

3. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

what Bluser said .... my experience exactly

4. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

I agree with speakers mentioned above but I absolutely LUVED the way the UG 30 sounded with the Bruno small 4x12 with blues.

5. GM1

GM1 Member

I have a Bruno 2x12 cab loaded with one G12H30 and one Blue. I have found this combination to give a well rounded tone. I have tried my UG30 with other cabs, a Two Rock, Marshall and Fender 1x12 but my Bruno cab sounds the best with this amp.

6. Barrie

Barrie Member

I have the same combination as GM1 and it sounds great (Highly reccomended) I have tried other combinations and to my ears they are the best

Barrie

7. Roe

Roe Member

G12H-55hz is better with a cel blue than the 75hz

8. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Basically what Blueser said, although I would describe the G12H30s as flat rather than scooped. The Blues are livelier, but I like the smoothness of the G12H30s.

9. GregS

GregS Member

Thanks. I picked up the one Jimetti was selling recently. It has the "Duo-Tone" option. I think I like the AC30 (channel 1) as much as the UG30 channel. I have never heard an amp that sounds so big. It fills the room with great tone. I can't wait to hear it through a cab/speaker combination that suits it perfectly.

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Member

Bob Burt V10 in antique pine loaded with Weber Blue Pup and Silver Bell alnico drivers. Surprising is a supreme understatement! And it's probably 20% smaller than the V12 cab. Not a bad price for that antique pine cab, either! :AOK

11. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Agree with Ben. I have the 3/10 eminence combo, and I love it as well. Different than both my 2/12 Blue cab and my 2/12 G12h30 cab. What a KILLER amp!!!!!:dude

12. Blueser

Blueser Member

Hey Ben....How are you? Hope all is well.

Well I agree that the G12s don't sound scooped in general, but they are more scooped than the Blues, and put you closer to the Fendery tone. Maybe I should have clarified that statement! LOL!!!