1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bruno Underground 30 clips with Les Paul, Strat and PRS. KILLER TONE!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tag, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Here are 5 different styles of playing with my "Bruno Unerground 30 with reverb" clips that I have made. The detail and overall response of this amp is better than any other amp I have played or owned, with the exception of Brunos Cowtippers and Tweedy pie amps.

Start with the second clip down called "Help the poor ug30". The name says it all. Its me improvising on Robben Fords tune "Help the poor". It is my Gibson Les Paul 59 RI straight into the UG 30.

The next clip down is called "Bruno UG 30 funk". Its just improvising on 2 chords with a Fender US relic Strat, again straight into the UG 30.

Next clip down (Bruno with\Chords) is the same set up as the first clip,(Les Paul straight in) but I am trying to play with my fingers, doing the intro to "Autumn leaves", then the Beatles "Michelle" solo style.

Next clip..."PRS Blues" My PRS Custom 22 (second position on rotary knob) into a TRex Mudhoney, straight into the UG 30. This take starts to digitally clip really bad after the first 20 seconds or so, but you can still get a taste of the low to mid gain tones you get with this set up. SWEET!!!

The last clip of this group is called "Pop\Bop with an UG 30".
    The Strat again, this time into a Fulldrive II at a lower gain setting. The first half of the clip the Fulldrive is off. Then I kick it in, and you can see how subtle and little if affects the tone! You can barely tell at all! A perfect match with this amp. Much higer gain tones are availble as well.

The clips are here......http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/tag101_music.htm

What a killer amp!

:)

2. GasMask

GasMask Member

Wow!!! Great clips Tag! :dude Really liked the first one- "help the poor ug30". Very tasteful playing. Chops like that give credibility to your opinions. The ug30 is a sweet amp for sure. I have wanted a Bruno for a couple of years now. I still prefer the cowtipper for my tastes though. It WILL be my next amp! Should be able to make it happen before the end of the year. I'm expecting some awesome ct22 clips from you shortly!

How about some details on your recording method? How did you lay down the drum, bass, and key tracks? Clips like yours are a great resource for players who can't try certain amps in person. Good job!

3. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Some very nice playing - on the RF cover in particular.

Nice tones, but different strokes I guess...

Would be nice to hear the amp wound up without pedals...

Thanks for posting 'em.

4. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

What did you use on the "Dumble?" track? I was diggin that one too.

Thanks,
    MR

5. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

Damn Tag, the shape them fingers are in I doubt anythings getting landscaped in NJ. Sweet indeed!;)

6. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Great chops my friend, really dug the tones and playing on the Ford track.

You able to crank that puppy up and slam a PRS through the input for some raunchy overdrive? I've been dying to hear some of that.

I was really happy with the chords track you did as well, very tasteful playing and I really enjoyed some of the build-ups, especially that bridge/chorus part.

-TJK

7. tclardy

tclardy Member

Very nice playing! Is this a combo or a head? What speakers did you use?

Does it sound good cranked up?

Thanks,
    Tim

8. RichardB

RichardB Senior Member

Tag,
    I can feel the sponginess in the RF clip. My only complaint with that clip is that the tone is too full of upper mids (round 800hz
    ) and not enuff low chewy mids for my taste. I assume you were using the neck pup, and if you were it sounds almost sc-like, too twangy for what you were going for...jmho

9. Tag

Hey Richard! Are you talking about the Help the poor clip? It was both PUPs on the LP, with all settings on the Bruno around 12 O'Clock. If it was the E.Pro clip, (Ford like) it was the TwoRock with a Guild Starfire IV on the bridge pup.

10. Tag

Some of the clips were backing tracks. Others were just a cheap drum machine and me playing bass and keys with my Roland guitar synth. :D
    The Cowtipper is back as my favorite as well! I cant WAIT for the 22 to arrive! Thanks for listening to the clips! :) Brunos KILL!!

11. Tag

Thanks! It KILLS cranked up! Sounds like a Plexi with a little more gain, but a WAY smoother feel and no brittleness. Its a 3\10 combo with old Eminence speakers. It sounds better with G12H30s overall I think.

12. Tag

If it was the Beatles Michelle clip, I can not take credit for that. On my vacation, I was video taping, and a piano player happened to be playing that in the background. I did not even notice it at the time. When I was watching the tape after the vaction, I noticed it, and I learned it off that videotapes soundtrack. Lol! It was on a cruise ship. :)

I will have to make some clips of the amps cranked sometime, but its LOUD! :eek: 30 Watts is a lot louder than many guys think! :)

13. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

Wow, these are great clips. They sound the best recorded yet!! Have you been boning up on your engineering skills? The amps sound wonderful - love the "Help the..." and the "Bruno with Chords" tracks.

14. RichardB

RichardB Senior Member

Tag,
    Both pups makes sense!! sorry for the mistake on my part.
    I'd be interested to hear the neck alone....

15. Tag

That was my Two Rock Emerald Pro! The best Robben Ford Dumble tone I have heard from the cloners. :)

16. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

Great clips Tag! I REALLY need to hear a Bruno in person!:)

17. Marcello

Marcello Member

nice playing, the amp "seems" great :D
    annoying reverb in the clips though

18. Legend

Legend Member

DT, would you please post a link of your playing in which you believe you have "killer tone"? Something within the same musical context.

19. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

I think Tag probably enjoyed himself doing this clips...MORE POWER TO HIM!

There is nothing wrong at all with Tag posting clips. I for one get a little tired of the constant judgement passed on anything that splatt doesn't deem as worthy. It's really no skin off your nose is it, if someone wants to waste time enjoying themselves?

I enjoyed all of the tones that Tag put down.

I have a very large respect for splatt, and generally agree with him, but you know, if you can't say anything nice...Just lighten up.

20. Tag

Hey, Thanks for listening Dave!
    As far as the tone thing goes, I think the tone KILLS! I know you love the Pittbull 45, and while I think they sound pretty good, IMO, they sound pretty tiny and transistory next to a good TwoRock or Bruno. I played them many times side by side at Ultrasound.

I love your playing, but tonally, I could do NOTHING with all of that fuzzy distortion. I like to hear the notes of my guitar! ;)

Thanks Dave! BUT...I played rock live for way to long and became *VERY* bored with it. I am now trying as hard as I can with the litte time I have, to become The "worlds greatest jazz guitar player" :cool: ;) I have a little ways to go yet. :D When I get there, I will be glad to tell everyone all about it! Ill prove it with clips too. LOL!

REALLY?? Hmm..I listen to everyone from Coltrane and Wes, to Abba,to Django, to Sabbath, to Bach, to Tone Loc to Beck, to Smashing Pumkins to Madonna to the Beatles! I guess its my sheltered listening habbits that keep me from experiencing the very rich and musical world that we inhabit!

Well from my house, I MUST be tripping, or you DID miss the gate! ;)