Bruton off DAG

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by blhm84, Oct 7, 2008.

1. blhm84

blhm84 Member

Anybody notice that DAG dropped Bruton String Works from it's site? I have a guitar on order from them, should I be worried? Anybody got any news as to why?

2. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

I'd contact Ben Bruton directly via Bruton string works website. Ben is a stand up guy and I'm sure he'll take good care of you regardless of how you ordered one of his instruments.

3. cubado

cubado Member

AND ...

No Sweat....

Seems like no worries on either end then...

Cliff @ DAG...

is one of the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and a fantastic talent for tone ....

He stands behind his builders & buyers alike.... 100%.

I wouldn't give it one second thought.

4. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

No need to worry at all. Ben is a tremendous talent and I proudly stand behind him and his work.

We are in regrouping mode. Ben is working on some new models along with a new website and we intend to launch with a new look and new models just as soon as all the parts and pieces are in place.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  5. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

rickd,

Hi rickd. I never would have taken your words as a knock. In fact, I had to love them as you were standing up for Ben, and he certainly deserves the respect.

6. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

rickd,

I'm in Fuquay Varina, minutes out of Downtown Raleigh, and I have a demo room that you are most welcome to come visit.

7. blhm84

blhm84 Member

Hey sorry for setting this off, my meaning behind the orginal post was not the worry about my guitar I ordered from Ben (although it sounded that way), I just wanted to make sure nothing happened to Ben, because I know that DAG is kindof a big deal in the world of custom luthiers. I have the utmost confidence in Ben and the guitar he is building me (which is going to be awesome, and I wil promptly post like 100 hundred pictures for everyone to see when it's done). So, sorry guys.

8. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

You're DOOMED! Once you experience Cliff's forbidden pleasures, you will be helpless! Mortgage money, children's college funds, refunds on bottles and cans - all will belong to Cliff from that point onward!

Have a great time! :AOK

9. Scottone

Scottone Supporting Member

Anybody have any pics these guitars....I can't find anything on Google.

10. hippietim

hippietim Silver Supporting Member

I highly recommend you take the time to visit Cliff. It is ALWAYS a great time at Cliff's! He and his whole family are great folks to spend time with. Oh, and then there's all that kick ass gear too! In fact, I was at Cliff's yesterday and got a kickass new toy.

BTW, Cliff - it kills with my Eventide and Celestion Gold loaded Port City 2x12.

11. countandduke

countandduke Member