• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bryan Baker again--"Actual Proof"--whoa

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
This is another clip of Baker with the Dutch musicians Bob van Luijt and Sebastiaan Cornelissen playing Actual Proof by Herbie Hancock. He is completely tearing it up, especially from the 3:30-ish mark on. What a phenom. This is one of the few young guys who actually makes me a little envious.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
No one liked this clip? I have to admit, I really like his barebones sound, too.

zorak

Gold Supporting Member
Playing those licks while wearing a wifebeater T gives him bonus pts., too!

trap

Gold Supporting Member
Really? You guys like it that much? Maybe I'm missing something. No denying the chops but i didn't dig the lines. He looks cool though. Probably gets a lot of ladies.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Really? You guys like it that much? Maybe I'm missing something. No denying the chops but i didn't dig the lines. He looks cool though. Probably gets a lot of ladies.

You see, I don't dig the look--but I like the lines. I love players who effortlessly move in and out of tonality and, yet, it doesn't sound labored or contrived. He's the real deal.

trap

Gold Supporting Member
i like the movement as well. but is he playing the changes? sounds like a one chord jam. maybe i need to listen closer. i relate to scott hendersons version much more, and he is moving also, but he is also keeping the form of the tune.

You see, I don't dig the look--but I like the lines. I love players who effortlessly move in and out of tonality and, yet, it doesn't sound labored or contrived. He's the real deal.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
I love this guy's playing as much as anybody out there. Freaking killer. His playing is so great. Love the phrases. Much more interesting than many other "great" players at least for my taste.So many ideas. Monster player.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
He can play, compose, produce, arrange, sing, market, teach, etc at an extremely high level. His playing alone would make him stand out, but the fact that he can do all of this makes him utterly singular.

He is also an extremely cool guy - funny, humble, and generous. Hopefully more people will give his music a chance.
:agree Such a talent.

parker

He can play, compose, produce, arrange, sing, market, teach, etc at an extremely high level. His playing alone would make him stand out, but the fact that he can do all of this makes him utterly singular.

He is also an extremely cool guy - funny, humble, and generous. Hopefully more people will give his music a chance.
Wow, extremely high praise indeed! I need to check out more of his stuff.... nice to see someone like him get his due, and yes, that was amazing playing.

projam619

Listening to too much BB leaves you vexed and vertiginous. I hear he's teaching via Skype out of LA. Man, I would love the opportunity to learn from this guy.

Trending Topics