• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bryan Baker!- Why have I not heard of this guy? Awesome stuff!

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Wow!! I am truly out of the loop. My brother just sent me a pile o vids and the guy is tremendous to my ears. Love ya Joseph!

Carltone

do a search... there's been multiple threads on him here... he has at least two or 3 cds on itunes!

Great player... I wish Mainieri would release some Steps Ahead stuff with Baker on it...

M

Member 995

Thanks for posting these clips! I dig Baker's first two records so I was bummed when he moved away from jazz into the electronica thing. This new project has me excited to hear him playing again!
He's local and it sounds like he'll have some shows coming up.

hangten

Platinum Supporting Member
I find his blog to be interesting - he seems like a humble, committed guy.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I bought his eBook about a week ago, but I haven't had the opportunity to look at it thoroughly. I was interested to find out where this guy is coming from musically.

jms6668

Thanks for posting these clips! I dig Baker's first two records so I was bummed when he moved away from jazz into the electronica thing. This new project has me excited to hear him playing again!
He has really, really turned my head around. Definitely the most exciting player that I have been turned on to in YEARS .... I actually am glad he has left the "Jazz" world into something else. It just seems that he had the ability to play credible "jazz" but it seemed that it was not his true passion.

I think it's great that someone this talented can follow his muse, no matter where it takes him. I prefer him doing that than going through the motions with a form of music that he did not "feel".

To me, much of what he plays would still be somewhat similar no matter the context (Creative improvised music is what I think of it, at least when he stretches out), but I am glad he doesn't have to combat the "jazz" police :D

Dajbro

I bought his eBook about a week ago, but I haven't had the opportunity to look at it thoroughly. I was interested to find out where this guy is coming from musically.
When you've had a chance to check it out let us know what your opinion is. I'm curious about it as well.

Personally, I find him to be a really inspiring musician. I don't dig everything he does, but I love the fact that he is always pushing himself.

LAM

Just an FYI to everyone who has been interested in the young, intensely slamming virtuoso guitarist Bryan Baker. You can now check out a full music player of all albums, discover his rock band, Black Baptista, photos video and the book, "Principles of Music" will be released in a fat new format!

This guy is doing some really great stuff. Check it out at; http://www.bryanbakermusic.com

Peace.
LAM

Top Bottom