Bryan Baker's new solo recording, Lacuna Variations

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone else had a chance to buy and listen to this? I've really enjoyed it very much, just from a purely listening experience without trying to intellectualize the music. There is a lot of depth there and he is deep well of music. I understand that he will be making the transcriptions available soon.

I'm so impressed with this guy. He actually plays entirely fingerstyle and has very impressive chops. I'm no expert on the technique of classical guitarists, but he seems to use remarkable dynamics--such a great touch, and each note seems to have a real purpose in the composition.

This music may not be for everyone, but it should be for guitarists who are interested in hearing interesting harmonies and melodies, flawless technique, and most importantly, passion and emotion.

Here is a live performance of one of the tunes on the recording:

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Yes it is amazing. Very deep. He is one of my favorite players ever and doesn't disappoint in any style. I love his rock playing, his fusion, jazz and blues and classical. All of it speaks to me. Great player.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Yes it is amazing. Very deep. He is one of my favorite players ever and doesn't disappoint in any style. I love his rock playing, his fusion, jazz and blues and classical. All of it speaks to me. Great player.

Me, too. Definitely an interesting artist.

M

Member 995

The performance in the video was really distracting, between the faces and the breathing.