Buckethead Les Paul Studio Announced

brianr0131

It's smart because most people who would want a buckethead guitar are probably teenagers to mid 20's tops. This price point fits that demographic better than the other guitar did.

Hard2Hear

That's a really great idea, honestly. I'm not even a fan of BH, but that guitar should sell a ton.

germs

this is relevant to my interests.

long scale LP? check.

studio (affordable) pricing? check.

RedTiger

For all the Gibson bashing about their prices, they are capable of coming up with some good ideas with regards to making things more affordable. This is one of them. They might be on to something...Studio versions of the more expensive signature and Custom Shop models?

FuzzGazer

I'd buy that.

Extended scale length, coil splitter, and kill switches? Just oddball enough to get my attention.

Halowords

That is actually kind of cool. A reasonably priced Baritone Les Paul would be pretty neat. Plus, I've just started listening to some of Bucketheads stuff and he is a pretty impressive guitarist. I also think the kill-switch would be pretty cool and the coil-splitting makes it pretty versatile. Overall, the basics of a Baritone over-sized body LP sound like they could be a really pretty sounding instrument.

-Cheers

Halowords

Torrefied Maple fingerboard, interesting.
I am kind of guessing that it makes for a cheaper choice than Ebony, which is I believe what's on Buckethead's actual LP, and more-or-less looks the part while sounding closer to Ebony than Rosewood would. I'd be curious if reality backs my hypothesis, but it kind of makes sense. I would agree, it was interesting to read that in the specs.

-Cheers

mcmurray

It's smart because most people who would want a buckethead guitar are probably teenagers to mid 20's tops. This price point fits that demographic better than the other guitar did.
I'm 32 and own the USA model.

I know a 58 year old who bought one also. In fact, most people i know of that have them are over 30.

Schmidt

HP Hovercraft

I see it this way: A plain Studio with no toggle switch, to missing pots, no neck inlays - but two red plastic plugs fro a bottle AND of course double price!

Who wants to be cheated????
It's slightly less than a standard Les Paul Studio, it's oversized, it's a baritone, it's coil-splittable, and those "red plastic plugs" are kill switches. Some would say you're getting more for less.

Last edited:

mcmurray

I see it this way: A plain Studio with no toggle switch, to missing pots, no neck inlays - but two red plastic plugs fro a bottle AND of course double price!

Who wants to be cheated????
Plain Studio?

How is a 27" scale LP with a 10% oversized chambered body plain? Even the case is bespoke.

There is a toggle switch, look closer.

Schmidt

Plain Studio?

How is a 27" scale LP with a 10% oversized chambered body plain? Even the case is bespoke.

There is a toggle switch, look closer.
Well then... that explains everything ... it's going to sell in thousands and thousands :sarcasm

Space Hammer

Love it, but they really should have sprung for the ebony fretboard.
I would have settled for rosewood.

that said I was thinking about getting a baritone this year - was wanting to get parts from Warmoth for a Tele baritone, this guitar however is now a serious contender, and i don't even like Buckethead.

Trending Topics